Re: [N1MM] Callsign History and .trn files

  • kb1kox
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2012
      ""Did you import data into this field?""

      To be honest, John, I'm not sure. I thought I did.
      I'm guessing that because it is a new install,
      even tho I have imported what I thought were
      the callsign history files,its not seeing or finding them.
      Should I just open up a few old contests and
      run the "Update Call signs"..button?
      While its a great feature,
      Its not a big deal, as I will of-course
      re-populate the call history file,
      I'm just still not sure if I didn't get all the
      files I needed copied..
      Thanks for the help and the link,

      73
      Neil
      Ae1p

      --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "John Bednar" <k3ct@...> wrote:

      > Neil,
      >
      > The Call History Usertext line is populated from the UserText field from the
      > call history database. This is a field is reserved for users to populate
      > with whatever they like. Did you import data into this field?
      >
      > Here is the section from the manual.
      > http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Call+History+Lookup&structure=N1
      > MM+Logger+Documentation
      >
      > If you continue to have problems, include in your email the import directive
      > line and a sample line from your call history import file.
      >
      > John, K3CT

    • kb1kox
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2012
        John,

        just a bit more info...
        When I open up ham.mdb with openOffice,
        I do have a populated call-histry file..
        and I also have a callhistfilename file that
        is empty...not 100% sure, but the
        call history file looks fine..

        73
        Neil

        --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "kb1kox" <ngoodl1@...> wrote:

        > ""Did you import data into this field?""
        >
        > To be honest, John, I'm not sure. I thought I did.
        > I'm guessing that because it is a new install,
        > even tho I have imported what I thought were
        > the callsign history files,its not seeing or finding them.
        > Should I just open up a few old contests and
        > run the "Update Call signs"..button?
        > While its a great feature,
        > Its not a big deal, as I will of-course
        > re-populate the call history file,
        > I'm just still not sure if I didn't get all the
        > files I needed copied..
        > Thanks for the help and the link,
        >
        > 73
        > Neil
        > Ae1p

      • John Bednar
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2012
          Neil,

          I don't recommend that users open a N1MM Logger database with other software
          unless they are opening a copy that won't be used with N1MM Logger.

          Click on File, Export, Export Call History and direct email me the exported
          file.