TARA RTTY Melee function keys

  • w7rtx
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2012
      Which function key set do we use for the TARA RTTY Melee???
    • Larry Gauthier (K8UT)
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 28, 2012
        David,

        With only minor changes, the TARAGRID.mc function key definitions found here
        should be fine:
        http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-list_file_gallery.php?galleryId=26

        The TARAGRID contest exchanges grid squares, whereas TARA MELEE exchanges
        RST plus state/province for North American stations, and serial numbers for
        all others. To keep things simple, copy the downloaded TARAGRID.MC file to
        TARAMELEE.MC, then assign TARAMELEE in the >Associated Files dialog windows.

        Edit the file, replacing F2, F7, F9 and F10 with something like this (edit
        to fit your taste):
        F2 Run Exch,{TX}{ENTER}! {SENTRST} {EXCH} {EXCH} ! {RX}
        F2 S&&P Exch,{TX}{ENTER}! {SENTRST} {EXCH} {EXCH} {MYCALL} {RX}
        F7 My Exch,{TX}{ENTER}{SENTRST} {EXCH} {EXCH} {RX}
        F9 State?,{TX}{ENTER}state? {RX}
        F10 Nmbr?,{TX}{ENTER}number? {RX}

        Set the exchange in contest setup for your state.

        -larry (K8UT)

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 29, 2012
          Larry K8UT,
          Thank you for the assistance. Yes that makes sense. I'm still new at using the function key definitions in N1MM. Thanks!

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 30, 2012
            David,

            I created a Function Key file for the TARA MELEE contest. You can download
            it from the website at >FIle >Sample Function Keys >Digital "TARAMELEE.MC"