Re: [N1MM] Interface with FT2000

  • jim_k2qb
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2012
      Jeff my FT2K worked perfectly this past weekend in CQWW using the internal DVK. Feel free to em me direct if you need any help.

      --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Jeffrey Embry <jeffrey.embry@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Pete. Have the CAT Command book for the FT2000 and have started
      > experimenting.
      >
      > 73es,
      >
      > Jeff
      > K3OQ
      >

      > On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@...>wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Yes, there is, Jeff - see
      > > <
      > > http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Macros#CATHEX_and_CATASC_Radio_Hex_Macro_Commands>.
      > >
      > > You'll have to figure out what the FT2000 needs by way of command syntax.
      > >
      > > 73, Pete N4ZR
      > > The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at
      > > reversebeacon.blogspot.com,
      > > spots at telnet.reversebeacon.net, port 7000 and
      > > arcluster.reversebeacon.net, port 7000
      > >

      > > On 10/31/2012 2:55 PM, Jeffrey Embry wrote:
      > > > Good afternoon all,
      > > >
      > > > I have returned to using N1MM after a few years absense. After using it
      > > > for 3 contests/QSO parties now, I have to admit that it has matured and
      > > is
      > > > much more stable than the last time I tried it about 5 or 6 years ago.
      > > >
      > > > My question is this. I want to use the internal voice keyer in the FT2000
      > > > for Sweepstakes. Is there a way that N1MM can trip those voice snippets,
      > > > so that I don't have to use the sound card. I thought I found something
      > > > searching here that showed me the mechanics, but I am unable to find it
      > > now.
      > > >
      > > > TIA and 73....see you on SS CW this weekend.

      > --
      > Jeff Embry, K3OQ
      > FM19nb
      > ARCI #11643, FPQRP #-696,
      > QRP-L # 67, NAQCC #25, ARS #1733
      > AMSAT LM-2263
      >
      > --
      > Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of
      > enthusiasm. - Sir Winston Churchill

    • woobawooba_2000
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2012
        If you can use some working samples, here is the contents of a macro file that I use with my FT-2000 (B01-B05 represent messages 1-5):

        F1 Run CQ,{CAT1ASCPB01;}
        F2 Exch,{CAT1ASCPB02;}
        F3 Thanks,{CAT1ASCPB03;}
        F4{MYCALL},{CAT1ASCPB04;}
        F5 His Call,-
        F6 Dupe,-
        F7 QRZ,-
        F8 Again,{CAT1ASCPB05;}
        F1 S&&P CQ,-
        F2 Exch,-

        73, Mike AJ4CG

        --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, John Bednar <k3ct@...> wrote:

        > Jeff,
        > See the Supported Radios section of the manual, FT-2000 radio, for the Cat command strings.
        > John, K3CT
        >

        > On 10/31/12, Jeffrey Embry wrote:
        >
        > Good afternoon all,
        >
        > I have returned to using N1MM after a few years absense. After using it
        > for 3 contests/QSO parties now, I have to admit that it has matured and is
        > much more stable than the last time I tried it about 5 or 6 years ago.
        >
        > My question is this. I want to use the internal voice keyer in the FT2000
        > for Sweepstakes. Is there a way that N1MM can trip those voice snippets,
        > so that I don't have to use the sound card. I thought I found something
        > searching here that showed me the mechanics, but I am unable to find it now.
        >
        > TIA and 73....see you on SS CW this weekend.
        >
        > --
        > Jeff Embry, K3OQ
        > FM19nb
        > ARCI #11643, FPQRP #-696,
        > QRP-L # 67, NAQCC #25, ARS #1733
        > AMSAT LM-2263
        >
        > --
        > Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of
        > enthusiasm. - Sir Winston Churchill

      • Simon m0vky.
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 3, 2012
          i the same as mike use the internal dvk memories in ft2000 for ssb keyed via n1mm with b01 to b05 set in the macros.
          i cannot get the cq repeat function in n1mm to work correctly with this method.
          it will only key the same time period as the set cq repeat time.
          anyone have this function working with this set up ???? it works on pressing F1, cw no problems.

          simon, m0vky.

          ________________________________

          --- In mailto:N1MMLogger%40yahoogroups.com, John Bednar <k3ct@...> wrote:

          > Jeff,
          > See the Supported Radios section of the manual, FT-2000 radio, for the Cat command strings.
          > John, K3CT
          >

          > On 10/31/12, Jeffrey Embry wrote:
          >
          > Good afternoon all,
          >
          > I have returned to using N1MM after a few years absense. After using it
          > for 3 contests/QSO parties now, I have to admit that it has matured and is
          > much more stable than the last time I tried it about 5 or 6 years ago.
          >
          > My question is this. I want to use the internal voice keyer in the FT2000
          > for Sweepstakes. Is there a way that N1MM can trip those voice snippets,
          > so that I don't have to use the sound card. I thought I found something
          > searching here that showed me the mechanics, but I am unable to find it now.
          >
          > TIA and 73....see you on SS CW this weekend.
          >
          > --
          > Jeff Embry, K3OQ
          > FM19nb
          > ARCI #11643, FPQRP #-696,
          > QRP-L # 67, NAQCC #25, ARS #1733
          > AMSAT LM-2263
          >
          > --
          > Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of
          > enthusiasm. - Sir Winston Churchill

        • John Bednar
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 3, 2012
            Simon,

            When using CAT commands to send a voice message, the program is unaware when the message ends. In this case, the repeat timer begins when the function key is pressed. Make the repeat time longer or the radio DVK message shorter to prove that it works.

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 4, 2012
              tnx john, will try that.

              simon, m0vky.

              ________________________________
              When using CAT commands to send a voice message, the program is unaware when the message ends. In this case, the repeat timer begins when the function key is pressed. Make the repeat time longer or the radio DVK message shorter to prove that it works.

              If you can use some working samples, here is the contents of a macro file that I use with my FT-2000 (B01-B05 represent messages 1-5):

              F1 Run CQ,{CAT1ASCPB01;}
              F2 Exch,{CAT1ASCPB02;}
              F3 Thanks,{CAT1ASCPB03;}
              F4{MYCALL},{CAT1ASCPB04;}
              F5 His Call,-
              F6 Dupe,-
              F7 QRZ,-
              F8 Again,{CAT1ASCPB05;}
              F1 S&&P CQ,-
              F2 Exch,-

              73, Mike AJ4CG

              --- In mailto:N1MMLogger%40yahoogroups.com, John Bednar <k3ct@...> wrote:

              > Jeff,
              > See the Supported Radios section of the manual, FT-2000 radio, for the Cat command strings.
              > John, K3CT
              >

              > On 10/31/12, Jeffrey Embry wrote:
              >
              > Good afternoon all,
              >
              > I have returned to using N1MM after a few years absense. After using
              > it for 3 contests/QSO parties now, I have to admit that it has matured
              > and is much more stable than the last time I tried it about 5 or 6 years ago.
              >
              > My question is this. I want to use the internal voice keyer in the
              > FT2000 for Sweepstakes. Is there a way that N1MM can trip those voice
              > snippets, so that I don't have to use the sound card. I thought I
              > found something searching here that showed me the mechanics, but I am unable to find it now.
              >
              > TIA and 73....see you on SS CW this weekend.
              >
              > --
              > Jeff Embry, K3OQ
              > FM19nb
              > ARCI #11643, FPQRP #-696,
              > QRP-L # 67, NAQCC #25, ARS #1733
              > AMSAT LM-2263
              >
              > --
              > Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss
              > of enthusiasm. - Sir Winston Churchill

            • KC4HW/Jim
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 13, 2012
                This discussion/help got me through the setup on my FT2000--
                THANKS!

                Jim/KC4HW