[N1MM] Re: A wish

  • radio_ng2d
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2012
      I don't have MS Access available on my computer and if I did it is unlikely I would attempt to mess with the database. I'm retired, I put databases behind me. It could be fun though. Hey don't get me started, I'd rather be operating!

      A good editor is all I really need to make the changes to the ADIF file. I use EditPlus, a powerful text editor. It blows away notepad, but that really doesn't take more than a puff.

      I must add how much I appreciate the friendly and helpful advice offered by the N1MM community, which is in stark contrast to the uncivilized treatment I received by the support group for another product. Youse guys are really awesome!

      Thanks again,
      - Bill

      --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@...> wrote:

      > But please, if you do that, back up the database file first. There are
      > fairly complicated cross connections between various tables in the
      > database, and if you start doing open-heart surgery and don't have a
      > backup we really can't be responsible. Also, one database can contain
      > the QSOs from many different contests, so mistakes can have fairly
      > disastrous consequences unless you have made a backup so you have a do-over.
      >
      > 73, Pete N4ZR
      > The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com,
      > spots at telnet.reversebeacon.net, port 7000 and
      > arcluster.reversebeacon.net, port 7000
      >
      > On 10/31/2012 8:04 PM, Terry G. Glagowski wrote:
      > > Bill,
      > >
      > > The N1MM logger uses Microsoft ACCESS as the underlying database.
      > >
      > > If you have a Microsoft Office version that includes ACCESS, you can export
      > > the tables inside the database into CSV text files, or EXCEL files and work
      > > with them there.
      > >

      > > Terry G. Glagowski / W1TR
      > > HAM: W1TR / USAF MARS: AFA1DI
      > > 25 Hnath Road, Ashford, CT 06278
      > > (508) 864-0041 (Terry's cell)
      > > (860) 429-9444 (Landline)
      > > (EMail) W1TR@... or W1TR@...
      > > (Web) http://www.Glagowski.org/Radio

    • John
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 1, 2012
        --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "radio_ng2d" <bills_eyepiece@...> wrote:

        < regarding the need to edit ADIF output from N1MM to add e.g. state and other information >

        > Thanks,
        > - Bill, NG2D

        I use DXKeeper from the DXLab Suites for my general logger. DXK has an option that allows a QRZ lookup (as long as you have a subscription to QRZ) that fills in details such as address, state, grid square, and the like as you are importing the ADIF output from N1MM.

        Perhaps HRD has a similar facility?

        73,
        John KK1X
      • radio_ng2d
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 2, 2012
          John,

          That's a good question. I don't see any reference to it in the program, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. It would be nice if it does. I don't have a subscritpion to QRZ.com, although I have been meaning to get one. Perhaps someone else knows the answer.

          - Bill