FT2000, FTDX5000, and FTDX9000

  • John Bednar
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2012
      Can FT2000, FTDX5000, and FTDX9000 users report on the SO2V code that was added to the Experimental Program program version?

      I would like to release it in the public code after ARRL SSCW.

      John, K3CT
    • VE6LB
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2012
        John,

        Would be happy to test on my 9000D. Looked for details on the reflector as mentioned on the download page but no luck. Maybe you can point me to what to test. I’ve been using SO2V (very basically) without any issues to date.

        73,
        Gerry VE6LB/VA6XDX
        DXCC, VUCC, WAS Card Checker-Southern Alberta
        VE/VA6 QSL Bureau Team
        (403) 251-0384
        ve6lb@...
        http://www.qsl.net/ve6lb/

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2012
          Around Oct 10....Here is one of the messages....
          John, K3CT

          On 11/01/12, VE6LB wrote:

          John,

          Would be happy to test on my 9000D. Looked for details on the reflector as mentioned on the download page but no luck. Maybe you can point me to what to test. I’ve been using SO2V (very basically) without any issues to date.

          73,
          Gerry VE6LB/VA6XDX
          DXCC, VUCC, WAS Card Checker-Southern Alberta
          VE/VA6 QSL Bureau Team
          (403) 251-0384
          ve6lb@...
          http://www.qsl.net/ve6lb/

          Can FT2000, FTDX5000, and FTDX9000 users report on the SO2V code that was added to the Experimental Program program version?

          I would like to release it in the public code after ARRL SSCW.

        • woobawooba_2000
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2012
            I tried out the code with my FT-2000 and it seemed to work fine, but I must admit that I am not experienced with SO2V.
            73, Mike AJ4CG

            --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, John Bednar <k3ct@...> wrote:

            > Can FT2000, FTDX5000, and FTDX9000 users report on the SO2V code that was added to the Experimental Program program version?
            >
            > I would like to release it in the public code after ARRL SSCW.
            >
            > John, K3CT

          • VE6LB-Gerry
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 2, 2012
              John,

              Here are the results I get. Please keep in mind that I'm not a "power user". I seem to find results vary depending on which window has focus to start with and/or if VFO B window is open to start with.

              I ca do more testing but will be out of town until Nov 7th,

              73, Gerry VE6LB

              Version 12.10.2 experimental loaded over 12.10.3
              FTdx9000D PEP
              a.. ALT+F12 toggles Sub RX On and Off. To leave SUB On all the time, select Configurer>Dual RX Always On
              b.. Toggles B regardless of Dual RX Always on.
              c.. Subrx ON/OFF control
              a.. Independent of the state of Dual RX Always On:
              a.. Changing RX Focus to VFOB with \, PAUSE, or CTRL+RightArrow turns the subrx ON
              b.. \ toggles RX focus and RX B on-off, Pause simply toggles focus between A and B, CTRL+ Right move focus to B and turns B on (if off).
              c.. Ctrl+Shift+Up/Dn used to store the next Bandmap spot in the Sub does not change the state of the subrx
              d.. Focus on A Store next Spot in B BM in both VFOs. Focus on B, no more spots message (even though there are spots)
              e.. Alt+F12 toggles subrx ON/OFF when RX Focus is on VFOA. This action is disabled if RX Focus on VFOB.
              f.. Toggles B if focus on A. Toggle A if focus on B.
              b.. Dual RX Always On checked:
              a.. Clicking any VFO, Bandmap, or Available window spot or Ctrl+Up/Dn turns the subrx ON
              b.. OK
              c.. Changing RX Focus with \ turns the subrx ON
              d.. OK
              e.. If Dual RX Always On was unchecked and the user checks it, subrx is turned ON
              f.. OK
              c.. Dual RX Always On unchecked:
              a.. If the TX & RX Focus is on VFOB and the RX Focus changes to VFOA with the \ keystroke, the subrx stays ON
              b.. OK
              c.. If the TX & RX Focus is initially on VFOB and then RX & TX Focus is on VFOA (PAUSE, CTRL+Left or VFOA Bandmap/Available window spot click ), the subrx is turned OFF
              d.. OK
              e.. If Dual RX Always On was checked and the user unchecks it, subrx is turned OFF
              f.. OK
              d.. Ctrl+Alt+D command action:
              a.. If "Dual RX always on" is ON and the Sub RX is ON, turn "Dual RX Always On" to OFF and leave the Sub RX ON
              b.. Turns B off.
              c.. If "Dual RX always on" is ON and the Sub RX is OFF, turn "Dual RX Always On" to OFF and leave the Sub RX OFF
              d.. OK
              e.. If "Dual RX always on" is OFF and the Sub RX is ON, turn "Dual RX Always On" to ON and leave the Sub RX ON
              f.. OK
              g.. If "Dual RX always on" is OFF and the Sub RX is OFF, turn both ON
              h.. OK
              e.. Stereo (grave accent) command action:
              a.. If the subrx is OFF - check "Dual RX always on" and turn the subrx ON
              b.. Toggles B and check mark
              c.. If the subrx is ON - uncheck "Dual RX always on" and turn the subrx OFF unless RX Focus is on VFOB
              d.. Toggles B and check mark. Nothing happens if focus is on B