Icom 746 - Sorry, Major Noob Question

  • thesysop
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2012
      Okay, my computer works great with HRD, PSK, controlling the radio etc. SO I thought it was going to be 'short work' to get N1MM up and running.I set all the normal stuff in the port configuration with the recogmended hex code, baud rate, etc... but I still get:

      Radio #1 (IC-746) on COM1 is not responding.
      Restore the connection and click Retry below, OR
      Right-click on that radio's bandmap and choose "Reset Radios' to restart the connection.

      Jim
    • Pete Smith N4ZR
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1 12:31 PM
        All that is telling you is that there is no communication, which
        probably means that you have some comm parameter mis-configured in the
        N1MM Configurer that is preventing it. This could be due to mismatched
        baud rate, number of bits or number of stop bits, or it could be
        something as simple as an RTS/DTR powered interface, with the relevant
        line not set to "always on".

        73, Pete N4ZR
        The World Contest Station Database, at www.conteststations.com
        arcluster.reversebeacon.net, port 7000

        On 7/31/2012 11:32 PM, thesysop wrote:
        > Okay, my computer works great with HRD, PSK, controlling the radio etc. SO I thought it was going to be 'short work' to get N1MM up and running.I set all the normal stuff in the port configuration with the recogmended hex code, baud rate, etc... but I still get:
        >
        > Radio #1 (IC-746) on COM1 is not responding.
        > Restore the connection and click Retry below, OR
        > Right-click on that radio's bandmap and choose "Reset Radios' to restart the connection.
        >
        > Jim

      • thesysop
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1 1:19 PM
          I happen to find the instructions for the simple cable interface in my yahoo mailbox and it said that DTS should be on and RTS off... So that should fix it. THanks
          Jim