RE: [N1MM] Windows 7 Update for FTDI Chip

  • Barry Merrill, W5GN
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4, 2012
      That you experienced problems on both SEVEN and XP proves neither is at
      fault, and suggests strongly that you either have a serious
      motherboard-level hardware fault,
      or that you have some ancient and external hardware, which can cause driver
      issues that
      can inhibit startup when vendors of old hardware don't provide updated
      drivers,
      or perhaps, and most likely, is that you have an RFI problem.
      RFI can actually modify bits in real memory chips when you transmit, and,
      then, when
      that piece of memory is stored, when you log that contact or close that
      program, etc.,
      then very strange things can happen when you restart or reboot or reopen a
      program.

      I develop commercial software on multiple PCs with multiple levels of
      Windows,
      and have never had anything close to your negative experience with automatic
      updates for all Windows operating systems, on systems with commercial
      hardware
      (mainframe tape drives) and on systems with ham radio hardware (all now
      connected
      via USB or Ethernet or wireless, but COM1 and LPT1 were used in their
      heyday).

      73

      Barry, W5GN

      Herbert W. Barry Merrill, PhD