Problem with PTT for FSK RTTY operations

  • pesteege0228
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 30, 2012
      I just built two computer interface cables so I could do FSK and CW keying on my TS-940 with N1MM contesting.

      I built a cable for CW on COM4 and had no problems keying my rig for CW using N1MM.

      I used my COM5 for FSK and the cable was built using the example from the AA5AU MMTTY page. On the FSK DB-9 connector I use Pin 3 TXD and Pin 5 ground.
      I hooked it all up and started up MMTTY and made a few FSK contacts with no problems. Then I tried my Logger32 program, and again, no problems keying the Kenwood but I did have to select "Radio Command" instead of a COM port for PTT. My rig control is on COM8, and that all works fine with N1MM, and I assume that COM 8 is where Logger32 is doing the PTT in FSK operations.
      However, when I try N1MM for FSK, it will not key the PTT.
      I used Config --> Hardware and set COM5 for digital. However I noticed that it is only offering DTR (pin 4) and RTS (pin7) to configure it.

      After this long intro, here is my question.
      Is there config selection I am missing that is similar to Logger32's "Radio Command" that will let N1MM key the TS-940 for FSK?
    • Joe Subich, W4TV
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 30, 2012
        Connect PTT to COM5 (along with FSK). N1MM/MMTTY will support PTT via
        the digital port.

        > Is there config selection I am missing that is similar to Logger32's
        > "Radio Command" that will let N1MM key the TS-940 for FSK?

        Yes, see the "Command PTT by" options on the radio port.

        73,

        ... Joe, W4TV

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 30, 2012
          I am not sure what you mean by the "radio port".
          Is that under the "Config Menu" ?

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 30, 2012
            > I am not sure what you mean by the "radio port".

            The port with your radio specified (CAT port) in the hardware
            configuration menu.

            73,

            ... Joe, W4TV

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 30, 2012
              Ok Joe - I found it and it al works now. Many thanks.
              Now I am ready for that next RTTY Contest.

              73
              Phil, K4SKA

              --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@...> wrote:

              > > I am not sure what you mean by the "radio port".
              >
              > The port with your radio specified (CAT port) in the hardware
              > configuration menu.
              >
              > 73,
              >
              > ... Joe, W4TV
              >

              > On 4/30/2012 3:50 PM, pesteege0228 wrote:
              > > I am not sure what you mean by the "radio port".
              > > Is that under the "Config Menu" ?
              > >
              > > --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Subich, W4TV"<lists@> wrote:
              > >>

              > >> Connect PTT to COM5 (along with FSK). N1MM/MMTTY will support PTT via
              > >> the digital port.

              > >> Yes, see the "Command PTT by" options on the radio port.
              > >>
              > >> 73,
              > >>
              > >> ... Joe, W4TV

            • Rex Maner
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 30, 2012
                Try It, I think YES

                Rex k7qq

                Message 7 of 7 , May 2, 2012
                  Sounds like I have the same set-up as you...Logger32, N1MM, TS940, MTTY using FSK. Works fine for me but right now I am at work so I can't look at how I have it set. If you'd like feel free to email me direct at k2qb@... or call me or we can try to hook up on the air and I'd be glad to help you if you haven't figured it out yet.