Version 12.4.1 released

  • Pete Smith N4ZR
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 1, 2012
      This special version incorporates a number of enhancements that the
      developers have been thinking about for some time.

      1. We will shortly be rolling out for beta test a simplified version of
      N1MM Logger that will run on Windows CE, as well as Windows and Android
      smart phones. Regrettably, there will be no iPhone version, as Apple
      has denied us access to the iTunes Store.

      2. A native Linux version will follow shortly. We will also be adding
      simultaneous real-time interfaces to ClubLog, LoTW, HRD, QRZ.COM, the
      DXLab Suite and the user's Facebook account, if applicable.

      3. Based on user input, we have reduced the User Manual to a 4-page
      Quick Start pamphlet that can be folded to shirt-pocket size. The Yahoo
      group will now be the preferred venue for all questions about N1MM
      Logger, and users need not be embarrassed to resort to it, since they
      won't be able to find answers in the manual.

      4. Software versions older than 60 days will now automatically
      deactivate themselves at start-up.

      5. Users who begin setting up for a contest within 24 hours of the
      contest start (as determined by the Contest Setup dialog), will find
      themselves besieged by random and totally imaginary error messages, even
      though the software is actually performing perfectly.

      6. N1MM Logger will now prevent users from encroaching on any N1MM
      development team member's run frequency. The tolerance will be set to
      300 Hz separation on CW and digital modes, or 1.5 KHz on phone. The
      blocked frequencies will be shown on the bandmap.

      7. Each time a user works one of the development team who is running,
      the developer will be spotted. The software will also keep track of the
      fifty rarest callsigns on a given band, and will randomly spot them on
      the frequency of all running stations on the band *except* the developers.

      8. There will be a 1-minute fixed delay in the placement of spotted
      calls on the bandmap, except for the calls of members of the development
      team, whose spots will be posted immediately. There will be no spot
      timeout for developers' callsigns.

      9. N1MM Logger will now incorporate a database of the 100 most active
      Win-Test users, and will introduce random errors in Function Key
      messages sent to those stations. It will also automatically request
      'F8 - AGN?' twice in each QSO with them, even if correct exchange
      information is filled in the Entry window.

      As users will be aware, N1MM Logger has always been free. We view this
      as a form of non-monetary compensation. We got a few good laughs out of
      writing it and hope you enjoyed it too.

      73 and Happy April Fool's Day,

      The N1MM Logger Team
    • Carel, pc5m
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 1, 2012
        Pete, I think you missed the new interface to CWskimmer. N1MMLogger will
        send automatically send CQ, do some S&P when applicable, perform logging
        without human interference. Just switch on N1MMlogger and your rig 5 min
        before contest start, go for a ride or a nice fishing trip and sent in the
        log 48 hrs after....

        Gr, Carel.

        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 1, 2012
          Thanks, Carel - yours was the first response received.

          73, Pete N4ZR
          The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
          arcluster.reversebeacon.net, port 7000

          On 4/1/2012 6:35 AM, Carel, pc5m wrote:
          > Pete, I think you missed the new interface to CWskimmer. N1MMLogger will
          > send automatically send CQ, do some S&P when applicable, perform logging
          > without human interference. Just switch on N1MMlogger and your rig 5 min
          > before contest start, go for a ride or a nice fishing trip and sent in the
          > log 48 hrs after....
          >

          > Gr, Carel.

        • Barry N1EU
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 1, 2012
            Love the new enhancements Pete. Some may complain, but I think they're
            fair - the developers deserve a few perks.

            Barry N1EU

            p.s. I think #6 is the "N1EU rule", mea culpa.

          • NUNO
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 1, 2012
              Hi Pete

              Love the new ones, but do I've to still send the log, maybe N1MM could do the export and send in the log for me.
              No excuse for that, still have to came home to send in the log, when I could be at the beach drinking and enjoying the sun.

              73 de Nuno
              CT2IRY

              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 1, 2012
                Well done, Pete...and development team!!! Enjoyed the laugh.

                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 1, 2012
                  And of course all funding for these enhancement were financed by Mega Millions and Power Ball....

                  73's
                  Ed , W1ZZ
                  w1zz@...

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 1, 2012
                    OK you had me till the elimination of the User Manual. Almost had a heart
                    attack at that point, then I realized what day it was.
                    Keep up the great work.

                    Tom
                    KG3V

                  • Art R8TX
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 1, 2012
                      Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:

                      PSN> Regrettably, there will be no iPhone version, as Apple has denied
                      PSN> us access to the iTunes Store.

                      It means you already have the iOS version, and it can be used on
                      jailbroken devices, can I have it, please?

                      --
                      R8TX (ex RX9TX)
                      http://r8tx.qrz.ru

                      "Good taste is the enemy of creativity." [Pablo Picasso]
                    • Art R8TX
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 1, 2012
                        Art R8TX wrote:

                        PSN>> Regrettably, there will be no iPhone version, as Apple has denied
                        PSN>> us access to the iTunes Store.

                        AR> It means you already have the iOS version, and it can be used on
                        AR> jailbroken devices, can I have it, please?

                        yikes, April 1st, you caught me :)

                        --
                        R8TX (ex RX9TX)
                        http://r8tx.qrz.ru

                        "Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody is watching."
                      • W0MU Mike Fatchett
                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 1, 2012
                          Bravo!

                          Mike W0MU

                          W0MU-1 CC Cluster w0mu.net

                          On 4/1/2012 3:39 AM, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:
                          > This special version incorporates a number of enhancements that the
                          > developers have been thinking about for some time.
                          >
                          > 1. We will shortly be rolling out for beta test a simplified version of
                          > N1MM Logger that will run on Windows CE, as well as Windows and Android
                          > smart phones. Regrettably, there will be no iPhone version, as Apple
                          > has denied us access to the iTunes Store.
                          >
                          > 2. A native Linux version will follow shortly. We will also be adding
                          > simultaneous real-time interfaces to ClubLog, LoTW, HRD, QRZ.COM, the
                          > DXLab Suite and the user's Facebook account, if applicable.
                          >
                          > 3. Based on user input, we have reduced the User Manual to a 4-page
                          > Quick Start pamphlet that can be folded to shirt-pocket size. The Yahoo
                          > group will now be the preferred venue for all questions about N1MM
                          > Logger, and users need not be embarrassed to resort to it, since they
                          > won't be able to find answers in the manual.
                          >
                          > 4. Software versions older than 60 days will now automatically
                          > deactivate themselves at start-up.
                          >
                          > 5. Users who begin setting up for a contest within 24 hours of the
                          > contest start (as determined by the Contest Setup dialog), will find
                          > themselves besieged by random and totally imaginary error messages, even
                          > though the software is actually performing perfectly.
                          >
                          > 6. N1MM Logger will now prevent users from encroaching on any N1MM
                          > development team member's run frequency. The tolerance will be set to
                          > 300 Hz separation on CW and digital modes, or 1.5 KHz on phone. The
                          > blocked frequencies will be shown on the bandmap.
                          >
                          > 7. Each time a user works one of the development team who is running,
                          > the developer will be spotted. The software will also keep track of the
                          > fifty rarest callsigns on a given band, and will randomly spot them on
                          > the frequency of all running stations on the band *except* the developers.
                          >
                          > 8. There will be a 1-minute fixed delay in the placement of spotted
                          > calls on the bandmap, except for the calls of members of the development
                          > team, whose spots will be posted immediately. There will be no spot
                          > timeout for developers' callsigns.
                          >
                          > 9. N1MM Logger will now incorporate a database of the 100 most active
                          > Win-Test users, and will introduce random errors in Function Key
                          > messages sent to those stations. It will also automatically request
                          > 'F8 - AGN?' twice in each QSO with them, even if correct exchange
                          > information is filled in the Entry window.
                          >
                          > As users will be aware, N1MM Logger has always been free. We view this
                          > as a form of non-monetary compensation. We got a few good laughs out of
                          > writing it and hope you enjoyed it too.
                          >
                          > 73 and Happy April Fool's Day,
                          >
                          > The N1MM Logger Team

                        • Jim Brown
                          Message 12 of 15 , Apr 1, 2012
                            Larson E Rapp lives!

                            73, Jim K9YC

                            This special version incorporates a number of enhancements that the
                            developers have been thinking about for some time.
                          • Matt Murphy
                            Message 13 of 15 , Apr 1, 2012
                              Got my hopes up at the linux version before I realized what the date was. 73

                              On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Jim Brown <jwbro@...> wrote:

                              > **
                              >

                              > Larson E Rapp lives!
                              >
                              > 73, Jim K9YC

                            • Bill Turner
                              Message 14 of 15 , Apr 1, 2012
                                Excellent, Pete. Could you possibly add one more enhancement?

                                I would like to be able to access the Master Clock at NIST and adjust it a minute or two if necessary.

                                Thanks!!

                                73, Bill W6WRT

                              • ve9aa
                                Message 15 of 15 , Apr 2, 2012
                                  I am seeing this a day late, but got a good chuckle out of it anyways - LOL !

                                  Great job as always guys.

                                  Mike VE9AA