Computer lock up

  • KU7Y
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 24, 2012
      When I started N1MM, the opening screen came up OK. But when the entry
      window came up, it locked up the computer. I had to do a "hold the power
      button down for a long time" reset.

      This happened twice. The third time it came up OK. After making a couple
      of contacts I shut it down. Everything was still OK.

      When I started it up again, it went through the lock up thing again.

      Restarted the computer and downloaded the newest version. Started it.
      Locked up again.

      Restarted the computer. Ran some "fix my computer" software. Started and
      stopped N1MM and few times and it seems to be OK now.

      The only change I have made to the computer was to install a new video card
      and set up 2 monitors.

      Should that make any difference to N1MM? I have found no place to tell it
      anything about having 2 monitors.

      I don't think this is a problem with N1MM but thought you might like to know
      anyway.

      OK, back in my hole,

      Ron, KU7Y
      SOWP 5545M
      Arizona Outlaws Contest Club
      Brenda, AZ (Winter)
      Caldwell, ID (Summer)
      ku7y@...
      http://www.hatpinsandmore.com
    • John Bednar
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 25, 2012
        Is anyone aware of other QSO Parties besides NM that have bonus points for
        mobile/rover operators that make a minimum number of contacts from each
        county?

        John, K3CT
      • Chuck Milam, N9KY
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 25, 2012
          On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 7:19 PM, John Bednar <k3ct@...> wrote:

          Is anyone aware of other QSO Parties besides NM that have bonus points for

          mobile/rover operators that make a minimum number of contacts from each
          > county?

          Yes: Wisconsin and Kentucky.

          There may be more, but those are the two I know off the top of my head.

          --
          Chuck Milam, N9KY
          N9KY@...

        • Tom Z
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 25, 2012
            We just completed the VA QSO Party last week. As mobile, I get 100 bonus
            points for each County/City I operate FROM. I also get to claim each
            County/City as a multiplier if I make at least 10 contacts from that
            location (or, of course, if I work another station in the same County/City).

            Tom, KG3V

            On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 8:19 PM, John Bednar <k3ct@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Is anyone aware of other QSO Parties besides NM that have bonus points for
            > mobile/rover operators that make a minimum number of contacts from each
            > county?
            >
            > John, K3CT

          • Doug
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 25, 2012
              Tom, was mobile in the WI QP a couple of weeks ago. It was reported on this reflector that Logger was not calculating the final score correctly. I did mine manually and the difference was 5K points. You may want to check yours manually also. Just an FYI. Good Luck...

              73,
              Doug N9NX

              --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Tom Z <kg3vtomz@...> wrote:

              > We just completed the VA QSO Party last week. As mobile, I get 100 bonus
              > points for each County/City I operate FROM. I also get to claim each
              > County/City as a multiplier if I make at least 10 contacts from that
              > location (or, of course, if I work another station in the same County/City).
              >
              > Tom, KG3V
              >

              > On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 8:19 PM, John Bednar <k3ct@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > Is anyone aware of other QSO Parties besides NM that have bonus points for
              > > mobile/rover operators that make a minimum number of contacts from each
              > > county?
              > >
              > > John, K3CT

            • Doug Smith
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 25, 2012
                John Bednar wrote:
                > Is anyone aware of other QSO Parties besides NM that have bonus points for
                > mobile/rover operators that make a minimum number of contacts from each
                > county?

                Yes.

                The Tennessee QSO Party offers mobile operators 500 bonus points for each county from which they complete at least ten QSOs. Bonus points are added
                *after* the multiplier.

                --

                Doug Smith W9WI
                Pleasant View, TN EM66
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 26, 2012
                  Hi John,

                  Colorado gives 50 point per county after a minimum of five contacts are made. The Florida QSO Party may also as we copied some things from them with their permission when the COQP was revived several years ago.

                  Jim, W0EM

                  --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "John Bednar" <k3ct@...> wrote:

                  > Is anyone aware of other QSO Parties besides NM that have bonus points for
                  > mobile/rover operators that make a minimum number of contacts from each
                  > county?
                  >
                  > John, K3CT

                • John Myers, KD8MQ
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 26, 2012
                    yes, pennsylvania does.

                    John, kd8mq

                    Answered via droid
                    On Mar 25, 2012 8:19 PM, "John Bednar" <k3ct@...> wrote:

                    > **
                    >

                    > Is anyone aware of other QSO Parties besides NM that have bonus points for
                    > mobile/rover operators that make a minimum number of contacts from each
                    > county?
                    >
                    > John, K3CT

                  • Tom
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 26, 2012
                      Thanks. I will check it out.

                      Tom KG3V

                      Connected by MOTOBLURâ„¢

                      Tom, was mobile in the WI QP a couple of weeks ago. It was reported on this reflector that Logger was not calculating the final score correctly. I did mine manually and the difference was 5K points. You may want to check yours manually also. Just an FYI. Good Luck...

                      73,
                      Doug N9NX

                      --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Tom Z <kg3vtomz@...> wrote:

                      > We just completed the VA QSO Party last week. As mobile, I get 100 bonus
                      > points for each County/City I operate FROM. I also get to claim each
                      > County/City as a multiplier if I make at least 10 contacts from that
                      > location (or, of course, if I work another station in the same County/City).
                      >
                      > Tom, KG3V
                      >

                      > On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 8:19 PM, John Bednar <k3ct@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > **
                      > >

                      > > Is anyone aware of other QSO Parties besides NM that have bonus points for
                      > > mobile/rover operators that make a minimum number of contacts from each
                      > > county?
                      > >
                      > > John, K3CT

                    • Tom Z
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 26, 2012
                        Doug,

                        Thanks for the suggestion. I did a quick manual scoring and I think you are
                        correct. Lucky for me, our Club has a person that applies all the scoring
                        rules to each log. I believe he came up with the correct score, but I never
                        would have caught that.

                        I am a big N1MM fan. Nothing is perfect and I am sure they will get this
                        right. N1MM continues to amaze me with all the features and flexibility.

                        Tom, KG3V

                        On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 9:15 PM, Doug <blujkt33@...> wrote:

                        > **
                        >

                        > Tom, was mobile in the WI QP a couple of weeks ago. It was reported on
                        > this reflector that Logger was not calculating the final score correctly. I
                        > did mine manually and the difference was 5K points. You may want to check
                        > yours manually also. Just an FYI. Good Luck...
                        >
                        > 73,
                        > Doug N9NX
                        >

                        > --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Tom Z <kg3vtomz@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > We just completed the VA QSO Party last week. As mobile, I get 100 bonus
                        > > points for each County/City I operate FROM. I also get to claim each
                        > > County/City as a multiplier if I make at least 10 contacts from that
                        > > location (or, of course, if I work another station in the same
                        > County/City).
                        > >
                        > > Tom, KG3V
                        > >

                        > > On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 8:19 PM, John Bednar <k3ct@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > > **
                        >

                        > > > Is anyone aware of other QSO Parties besides NM that have bonus points
                        > for
                        > > > mobile/rover operators that make a minimum number of contacts from each
                        > > > county?
                        > > >
                        > > > John, K3CT

                      • John Bednar
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 5, 2012
                          I updated the program code for the ARIDX Multi-One timer rules changes.

                          I posted an experimental version with these changes at the link below.
                          http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-list_file_gallery.php?galleryId=20

                          Each station decides when a QSO is logged if the timer should be reset. It
                          is known that switching from Run to Mult with CTRL+ALT+M will not change a
                          non-zero timer value to the correct value. Tracking each station's timer
                          (RUN & Mult) and searching the database for logged QSO's is a change that
                          exceeds my time availability.

                          If you know of any other changes required for this contest, please let me
                          know.

                          John, K3CT
                        • Nick, NA3M
                          Message 12 of 12 , May 3, 2012
                            I fixed a couple of minor bugs (tnx Paolo IN3VVK) for ARIDX and posted an
                            experimental version.

                            ARIDX contest: multiplier names were swapped in Score window (DXC, Pro), the
                            Received number column was not present in the LOG window (IN3VVK). (coded by
                            NA3M)

                            The installer is located at the bottom of this page:
                            http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-list_file_gallery.php?galleryId=20

                            This code expects that the public version of 12.05.00 is installed on your
                            computer.

                            Nick, NA3M

                            P.S. Using the latest release (12.05.00) is fine as long as you know about
                            these 2 issues. The score and Cabrillo file will be correct.