Download and Run Latest Updates

  • Dick Bingham
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29, 2012
      Hello all

      After loading the latest version of the N1MM Logger I accessed the latest updates software (N1MM-newexeV12.02.03.exe ) and was surprised to see the WARNING my computer displayed -

       Words to the effect "N1MM-newexeV12.02.03.exe is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer"... Where do I go from here?

      tnx for your help...

      73 Dick/w7wkr/cn98/cn97

    • Pete Smith N4ZR
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2012
        Dick, you need to tell your anti-virus software (whichever you have) to
        ignore the warning and go ahead. It sounds like Norton, which does this
        with every new release until a few Norton users have downloaded it.

        73, Pete N4ZR
        The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
        arcluster.reversebeacon.net, port 7000

        On 3/1/2012 1:29 AM, Dick Bingham wrote:
        > Hello all
        >
        > After loading the latest version of the N1MM Logger I accessed the latest updates software (N1MM-newexeV12.02.03.exe ) and was surprised to see the WARNING my computer displayed -
        >
        > Words to the effect "N1MM-newexeV12.02.03.exe is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer"... Where do I go from here?
        >
        > tnx for your help...
        >
        > 73 Dick/w7wkr/cn98/cn97

      • Terry G. Glagowski
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2012
          Dick,

          I echo Pete's comments.

          There are several Ham Radio applications (Ham Radio Deluxe especially) that
          give this message.

          I think it is based on a frequency of use table that might be available in
          the Download Feature of Win 7, or perhaps Microsoft Security Essentials
          which is the antivirus program I'm using. The message doesn't say VIRUS,
          but that it is an UNCOMMON DOWNLOAD!

          73, Terry / W1TR : )

          The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
          reversebeacon.blogspot.com,