Visible Dupe Sheet

  • Dave Hachadorian
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2012
      The visible dupe sheet is nice for the Sprint contests, but the
      small font is pretty tiny. If I select "large fonts," (by
      right-clicking the gray area on the right side), calls with a
      three character prefix wrap onto a second line, creating a mess.
      This happens even with short calls, like AA3B. Any hope for a
      fix on this?

      Thanks.

      Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
      Yuma, AZ
    • Steve London
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2012
        Change your monitor size/resolution.

        No problem here with a 19" monitor and 1680x1050 resolution.

        73,
        Steve, N2IC

        On 02/02/2012 03:59 PM, Dave Hachadorian wrote:
        > The visible dupe sheet is nice for the Sprint contests, but the
        > small font is pretty tiny. If I select "large fonts," (by
        > right-clicking the gray area on the right side), calls with a
        > three character prefix wrap onto a second line, creating a mess.
        > This happens even with short calls, like AA3B. Any hope for a
        > fix on this?
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
        > Yuma, AZ

      • Dave Hachadorian
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 2, 2012
          I think you are saying that if you have enough pixels per inch, the large fonts work ok? I guess I am out of luck with my 21.5 inch monitor running at its max resolution of 1920x1080.

          Or are you saying to lower resolution and use small fonts?

          Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
          Yuma, AZ

          No problem here with a 19" monitor and 1680x1050 resolution.

          73,
          Steve, N2IC

          On 02/02/2012 03:59 PM, Dave Hachadorian wrote:
          > The visible dupe sheet is nice for the Sprint contests, but the
          > small font is pretty tiny. If I select "large fonts," (by
          > right-clicking the gray area on the right side), calls with a
          > three character prefix wrap onto a second line, creating a mess.
          > This happens even with short calls, like AA3B. Any hope for a
          > fix on this?
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          > Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
          > Yuma, AZ

        • Steve London
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 2, 2012
            I am using the large fonts in the visible dupe sheet with 1680x1050 resolution.
            That is the maximum resolution for my monitor. Try experimenting with different
            resolutions with your monitor.

            73,
            Steve, N2IC

            On 02/02/2012 04:32 PM, Dave Hachadorian wrote:
            > I think you are saying that if you have enough pixels per inch, the large
            > fonts work ok? I guess I am out of luck with my 21.5 inch monitor running at
            > its max resolution of 1920x1080.
            >
            > Or are you saying to lower resolution and use small fonts?
            >
            > Dave Hachadorian, K6LL Yuma, AZ
            >

            > From: Steve London Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 4:16 PM To:
            > N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com Subject: Re: [N1MM] Visible Dupe Sheet
            >
            > Change your monitor size/resolution.
            >
            > No problem here with a 19" monitor and 1680x1050 resolution.
            >
            > 73, Steve, N2IC
            >
            > On 02/02/2012 03:59 PM, Dave Hachadorian wrote:
            >> The visible dupe sheet is nice for the Sprint contests, but the small font
            >> is pretty tiny. If I select "large fonts," (by right-clicking the gray area
            >> on the right side), calls with a three character prefix wrap onto a second
            >> line, creating a mess. This happens even with short calls, like AA3B. Any
            >> hope for a fix on this?
            >>
            >> Thanks.
            >>
            >> Dave Hachadorian, K6LL Yuma, AZ

          • Larry Gauthier (K8UT)
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 2, 2012
              Dave,

              What version of Windows are you running? In Windows 7, you can change the
              size of text and other items on your screen without changing your screen
              resolution from its maximum, optimal resolution. There are three standard
              values 100%, 125%, 150%, but you can select "custom" and choose any value
              that you want. For me with my old-man eyeballs, 100% was too small, but 125%
              was too large. 115% is just right.

              -larry (K8UT)

              No problem here with a 19" monitor and 1680x1050 resolution.

              73,
              Steve, N2IC

              On 02/02/2012 03:59 PM, Dave Hachadorian wrote:
              > The visible dupe sheet is nice for the Sprint contests, but the
              > small font is pretty tiny. If I select "large fonts," (by
              > right-clicking the gray area on the right side), calls with a
              > three character prefix wrap onto a second line, creating a mess.
              > This happens even with short calls, like AA3B. Any hope for a
              > fix on this?
              >
              > Thanks.
              >
              > Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
              > Yuma, AZ

            • gboutin
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 3, 2012
                Steve,

                I am also using 1680*1050 resolution. I also note the wrapping with some, but not all, calls when using the Large font.

                eg) AA3B wraps;

                AA3

                but DL5DXS and even some 4 letter calls do not wrap.

                DL5 DXS
                Z35 F

                So, it appears that there is some "algorithm" making decisions on when to wrap, but it isn't obvious (to me) what the algorithm is, but it appears to work better for some users than others.

                I am using WinXp with standard (100%) size fonts. The Large font appears to be about 9 point, in comparison to the 8 point I use on my Log window. On the other hand, when I used this feature, I have only ever used the small font. I really would have liked to see that font just a tad larger.

                Perhaps a user selectable font would be a better solution.

                --
                Gerald Boutin, VE1DT

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 3, 2012
                  I have to admit, this is baffling. I have uploaded a screen shot showing my
                  visible dupesheet, using N1MM Logger 12.1.3 and my log from the September CW
                  Sprint. See http://www.kkn.net/~n2ic/vd.bmp . Note that AA3B (and every other
                  call) appears normal in both the 40 and 20 meter visible dupesheets.

                  73,
                  Steve, N2IC

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 3, 2012
                    Steve,

                    I've emailed you pix of what I see when the call-sign wraps. It appears you have a fixed font and the "wrappers" have a proportional font.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 3, 2012
                      >Problem solved. I didn't have Andale on my computer. Apparently,
                      >Windows gives you a "substitute" font if you don't have one that
                      >is specified, and doesn't bother to raise any errors

                      Problem also solved here by installing Andale Mono. Apparently,
                      it's a fairly rare font.

                      Thanks!

                      Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
                      Yuma, AZ