SARTG NY RTTY

  • g8ubj
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2012
      Before I send it off, is the SARTG NY RTTY contest log meant to contain RST + QSO No. + name + happy new year (native language) mine just has the sent info truncated in each line item?

      Happy New Year VY 73 to all, Rex - G8UBJ
    • Rick Ellison
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2012
        Rex..
        It should be.. But with SARTG who knows... I had email exchanges with the
        same contest manager when I wrote the module and he said that it was fine
        because some of the native languages would be long. All he was mainly
        concerned with was the QSO number and the name.. But they have a tendency to
        change things in mid stream and not let people know.. I'm still waiting now
        for a week since I emailed them on the SARTG WW Rtty contest..

        73 Rick N2AMG

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2012
          Okay thanks Rick, I'm sure its okay then. It is quite painful capturing the names & HNY messages. I did loose the names as well so maybe it would be enough to send over the 7 characters?
          QSO: 3585 RY 2012-01-01 0802 G8UBJ 0001PY NEW SK4RY 599 0003
          QSO: 3591 RY 2012-01-01 0804 G8UBJ 0002PY NEW LA6FJA 599 0004

          73 Rex G8UBJ

          --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Ellison" <rellison@...> wrote:

          > Rex..
          > It should be.. But with SARTG who knows... I had email exchanges with the
          > same contest manager when I wrote the module and he said that it was fine
          > because some of the native languages would be long. All he was mainly
          > concerned with was the QSO number and the name.. But they have a tendency to
          > change things in mid stream and not let people know.. I'm still waiting now
          > for a week since I emailed them on the SARTG WW Rtty contest..
          >
          > 73 Rick N2AMG

        • Roger
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2012
            Hi.

            I have been entering this test for the last four years now. The first two were frustrating trying to copy the new year greetings, some of the EU languages are not easy! You can click on the name and it will enter the log, but you have to make sure you are tabbed over to the correct box! It is very easy to corrupt the serial number. However this is all immaterial as I have sent my Cabrillo log off this year with NO greetings, NO names, but I did mention in my Soapbox "Happy New Year from Roger, G3LDI". That seems to cover it because my entry has been accepted and acknowledged.
            All entrants must SEND their names and greetings however.

            73 de Roger, G3LDI

            --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "g8ubj" <rexle5ter@...> wrote:

            > Okay thanks Rick, I'm sure its okay then. It is quite painful capturing the names & HNY messages. I did loose the names as well so maybe it would be enough to send over the 7 characters?
            > QSO: 3585 RY 2012-01-01 0802 G8UBJ 0001PY NEW SK4RY 599 0003
            > QSO: 3591 RY 2012-01-01 0804 G8UBJ 0002PY NEW LA6FJA 599 0004
            >
            > 73 Rex G8UBJ
            >
            > --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Ellison" <rellison@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Rex..
            > > It should be.. But with SARTG who knows... I had email exchanges with the
            > > same contest manager when I wrote the module and he said that it was fine
            > > because some of the native languages would be long. All he was mainly
            > > concerned with was the QSO number and the name.. But they have a tendency to
            > > change things in mid stream and not let people know.. I'm still waiting now
            > > for a week since I emailed them on the SARTG WW Rtty contest..
            > >
            > > 73 Rick N2AMG

          • Adriano Perazio
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2, 2012
              I did send that way too and my log is in.

              PY2ADR – HNY all !!!

              --- In mailto:N1MMLogger%40yahoogroups.com, "g8ubj" <rexle5ter@...> wrote:

              > Okay thanks Rick, I'm sure its okay then. It is quite painful capturing the names & HNY messages. I did loose the names as well so maybe it would be enough to send over the 7 characters?
              > QSO: 3585 RY 2012-01-01 0802 G8UBJ 0001PY NEW SK4RY 599 0003
              > QSO: 3591 RY 2012-01-01 0804 G8UBJ 0002PY NEW LA6FJA 599 0004
              >
              > 73 Rex G8UBJ
              >
              > --- In mailto:N1MMLogger%40yahoogroups.com, "Rick Ellison" <rellison@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Rex..
              > > It should be.. But with SARTG who knows... I had email exchanges with the
              > > same contest manager when I wrote the module and he said that it was fine
              > > because some of the native languages would be long. All he was mainly
              > > concerned with was the QSO number and the name.. But they have a tendency to
              > > change things in mid stream and not let people know.. I'm still waiting now
              > > for a week since I emailed them on the SARTG WW Rtty contest..
              > >
              > > 73 Rick N2AMG

            • Vilnis YL2KF
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 2, 2012
                Hello,

                If looking carefully to rules , there is no name Cabrillo at all.
                In N1MM export generic file by time and You get what is needed , plus
                add summary file with line "my exchange" and all is done.

                73 & HNY
                de YL2KF , Vilnis