TOPS contest

  • m6zse34
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2011
      Hi
      Could you tell me what log name the TOPS/PRO-CW contest uses?
      Paul/M6ZSE
    • Jan Pieter - PA3CLQ
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2011
        Hi Paul,

        Go to:
        http://www.yo2rr.ro/TOP%20OF%20OPERATORS%20ACTIVITY%20CONTEST.html
        and download
        TAC-Log software by YO9HSW V.1.5 (28.11.2011)
        is include
        PROCW.ini (02.12.2011)
        and
        TOPS.ini (08.10.2011)

        73, Jan Pieter PA3CLQ Asociate member of The PRO-CW-CLUB, GL in contest.

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2011
          Hi Jan,
          Have been playing around with parameters and changed the baud rate from 9600 to 4800 and it came alive so cu at 1600.
          73
          Paul/M6ZSE

          --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Jan Pieter - PA3CLQ" <pa3clq@...> wrote:

          > Hi Paul,
          >
          > Go to:
          > http://www.yo2rr.ro/TOP%20OF%20OPERATORS%20ACTIVITY%20CONTEST.html
          > and download
          > TAC-Log software by YO9HSW V.1.5 (28.11.2011)
          > is include
          > PROCW.ini (02.12.2011)
          > and
          > TOPS.ini (08.10.2011)
          >
          > 73, Jan Pieter PA3CLQ Asociate member of The PRO-CW-CLUB, GL in contest.

        • Jan Pieter - PA3CLQ
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3, 2011
            Good Luck Paul.

            Jan

            Have been playing around with parameters and changed the baud rate from 9600 to 4800 and it came alive so cu at 1600.
            73
            Paul/M6ZSE

            --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Jan Pieter - PA3CLQ" <pa3clq@...> wrote:

            > Hi Paul,
            >
            > Go to:
            > http://www.yo2rr.ro/TOP%20OF%20OPERATORS%20ACTIVITY%20CONTEST.html
            > and download
            > TAC-Log software by YO9HSW V.1.5 (28.11.2011)
            > is include
            > PROCW.ini (02.12.2011)
            > and
            > TOPS.ini (08.10.2011)
            >
            > 73, Jan Pieter PA3CLQ Asociate member of The PRO-CW-CLUB, GL in contest.

          • m6zse34
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2011
              Jan
              Looks like there's another prob. The freq is synced and also the clock but the keyboard will not key the rig. Have released N1mm from com 1 and also ACLOG so it should be free. I'm at a loss, when I check
              CW VIA SERIAL PORT - SAVE I get the message "eroare portul serial
              com 1 nu poate fi deschis" Guess I wont be on the air at 1600.
              73
              Paul/M6ZSE

              --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Jan Pieter - PA3CLQ" <pa3clq@...> wrote:

              > Good Luck Paul.
              >
              > Jan

            • Jan Pieter - PA3CLQ
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 3, 2011
                Paul,

                After startup TAC v 1.5 i click on CAT then on "Config" if the parameters are ok for COM 1 click op OK wait a several seconds look on the text in the window and click on "Connect"

                Click now on "Config CW"
                F1 = CQ TEST TAC M6ZSE
                F2 = CTRL 5NN 001 NM or PRO or TOPS
                (001) is not good! stands for QSO Number ( I look further )

                If we find no solution for this you can also use your own Key

                NM = not member, PRO = Member of PRO-CW-CLUB, TOPS = Member of TOPS (ex)

                Choose "CW via serial port"
                Choose another port than COM 1 here COM 3

                Romenia's term "eroare portul serial com 1 nu poate fi deschis" means in English "serial error com 1 can not be opened" because it is in use for communication with the transceiver not for PTT and CW keying

                If notting works use the N1MMLogger with DX or DXSERIAL and sent after the contest a cabrillo file to them