Re: CQWWCW Cabrillo categories

  • m6zse34
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2011
      Thanks Bob, that seems to have hit the spot.
      This is the first checklog I have entered and when creating the N1MM log, in the OPERATOR CATEGORY I selected CHECKLOG and thought it would be a normal log and of course R2D2 thought otherwise.
      That's one for the future, and, once again, many thanks
      73
      Paul/M6ZSE

      --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Naumann" <W5OV@...> wrote:

      > Paul,
      >
      > It's not clear what category you intended to enter but I think you wanted it
      > to be a CHECKLOG otherwise that word would not be present.
      >
      > Your last submission has the following:
      >
      > CATEGORY: OPERATOR:CHECKLOG
      > CATEGORY: TRANSMITTER-ONE
      > CATEGORY: BAND-ALL
      > CATEGORY: POWER-LOW
      >
      > None of this complies with the Cabrillo spec and N1MM did not create this -
      > the file had to be edited to look like this.
      >
      > If you wanted your entry to be a checklog, then all you need is one line:
      >
      > CATEGORY: CHECKLOG
      >
      > If you wanted single op all band low power, it should be as follows:
      >
      > CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP ALL LOW CW
      >
      > There is usually no reason to edit the Cabrillo format file that N1MM
      > generates. The CQWW has received thousands of N1MM created Cabrillo files
      > just fine.
      >
      > If you must edit what the program creates, it would be a good idea to refer
      > to the many on-line references of how Cabrillo format is supposed to be.
      >
      > We have to remember that the "robot" is programmed to recognize specific
      > groups of words formatted precisely as in the Cabrillo specification. If it
      > does not match what it expects to see, it will reject it. Good enough does
      > not work. It must match exactly what it is expecting.
      >
      > Many have been appending the word "ASSISTED" to the end of the CATEGORY:
      > line in their Cabrillo log - this will not work.
      >
      > For example,
      >
      > CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP ALL LOW CW
      >
      > To make this an assisted entry, many are trying this:
      >
      > CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP ALL LOW CW ASSISTED
      >
      > While to the reader, this makes sense and we know what is intended, the
      > Robot does not recognize this.
      >
      > It should instead be:
      >
      > CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP-ASSISTED ALL LOW CW
      >
      > Let me know if you have further trouble.
      >
      > 73,
      >
      > Bob W5OV
      > CQWW Contest Committee

    • Bob Naumann
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2011
        Thanks, Paul.

        I see your log is now in, and accepted as a checklog:

        2011 CQ World Wide DX Contest, CW

        Callsign: M6ZSE
        Category-Operator: CHECKLOG
        Name: Paul Holmes
        Log Deadline: 2011-12-21 23:59:59 UTC
        Received at: 2011-12-02 13:28:19 UTC
        Reported QSOs: 43
        Confirmation #: 1287191.cq-ww-cw

        Thank you for entering the contest and submitting your log in Cabrillo
        format. Please review the information listed above and, if necessary,
        resubmit the log to make any corrections.

        73,

        Bob, K3EST
        CQ WW Director

        Perfect!