Re: [N1MM] K3 and ESM

  • bill_w4zv
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2011
      Sorry I forgot to comment on the faster repeats comment. The glitch acted like an internal timer was not allowing repeated CQs using ESM within a ~1 sec window. In other words, if I waited >1 sec to press ENTER, then everything was OK. As I said, I cannot replicate the problem in a cool system environment.

      73, Bill

      --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "bill_w4zv" <btippett@...> wrote:

      > John this was in the "heat of the battle" Sunday afternoon and I cannot replicate it now. I suspect it may have been due to a heat sensitive component. I had another analog audio issue at the same time which has also disappeared.
      >
      > Thanks for your response!
      >
      > 73, Bill
      >
      > --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "John Bednar" <k3ct@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Bill,
      > >
      > > Nobody else has reported this and there are a lot of K3 users.
      > >
      > > I know you reported another K3 issue prior to the contest that was unique.
      > > Are you using any other software like LPBridge or port replicator
      > > software/hardware with N1MM Logger? If not, I'd suspect some sort of K3
      > > glitch. The N1MM Logger software has a fixed command set for each radio and
      > > the commands to trigger memories are not included.
      > >
      > > I'm sure that you had both receivers set to the same mode. It's a stretch
      > > but if you are using CAT macros to trigger SSB messages, maybe something
      > > weird is happening with bad data being received from the radio.
      > >
      > > I don't understand the faster repeats question.
      > >
      > > John, K3CT

    • John Bednar
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2011
        Bill,

        If you are using telnet/skimmer and a hardware combination that prevents spot processing while sending CW, this could be a simple case of a busy computer missing the keystroke input.

        John, K3CT

      • bill_w4zv
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 1, 2011
          Using N1MM with LP-PAN/Bridge and Blind Skimmer...no telnet. The problem cannot be replicated with a cold rig. According to Elecraft's DSP designer KK7P, the K3's "END/beep" incicates a memory being addressed that has no contents. My memories are all blank because I use N1MM's stored messages. I'm still thinking this was a temporary glitch possibly caused by a hot rig but will see if it returns in the future. If the only way around it is auto-repeat CQs, I guess I'll use that should the gremlin come back.

          Thanks again for your help!