ARRL 160 Section for KH6

  • k2wr
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2011
      In setting up for the ARRL 160 contest, N1MM wants to send "KH6" for {exch}, presumably based on my callsign entered as "KH6/K2WR" under Station Data. But KH6 is the ARRL Pacific Section. Why does it not want to send "PAC"? Yes, I can change it manually, and for all I know the convention is to send either KH6 or PAC in this contest. But since I entered "PAC" under "ARRL Section" it seems that should govern?
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2011
        What do you have programmed in the F2 message? If the {EXCH} macro is used
        in that message it will send whatever is typed in the Sent Exchange window
        of the contest setup page.

        If you want to send "PAC" as your section then the F2 message has to be
        programmed to send that. It should be something like this: "599 PAC",
        without quotes, of course.

        Recommend that you visit the N1MM website http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/ and take
        a look at:

        N1MM Logger Documentation->Digging Deeper->Stored Messages and Macros->Using
        Stored Messages in Contests->2. CW Function keys

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2011
          Ted, that was the problem. KH6 was in the Sent Exchange field. I don't know how it got there, but I changed it to PAC and now all is well without changing the F2 macro.

          Thanks, Rich K2WR