Re: [N1MM] Re: Disappearing Spots

  • Steve London
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2011
      There is no bug !

      N1MM Logger will correctly adjust the time, based on the time zone you have set.
      It will also correctly deal with the change to standard time this weekend.

      It doesn't matter what time zone you use, as long as you correctly set the time,
      appropriate to that time zone.

      For example, if you use Casablanca, be sure to set your computer clock to the
      correct GMT (UTC) time. If you live in Denver, use Mountain Time (US and
      Canada), be sure to set your computer clock to your correct local time.

      More than once I have seen situations where folks use Casablanca, but set the
      time to their local time !

      73,
      Steve, N2IC

      On 11/02/2011 08:41 AM, pwrpalm wrote:
      > Wow - glad I saw this. I also use the Casablanca time for sweepstakes, as it
      > is the easiest way to operate through the time change with XP SP1.
      >
      > But with the new SS rules, I think lots more people will be Assisted and
      > depending on spots. Is there any hope of getting this corrected before the
      > contest?
      >
      > Thanks and 73. Craig AC0DS

    • Robert Chudek - K0RC
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2011
        The easiest way to operate through the time change is to apply the XP
        SP3 upgrade, set your computer clock and time zone to local, and let
        Windows/N1MM make the change automatically for you. The Logger has never
        failed to make the adjustment on my behalf, with no worry on my part. Never.

        The N1MM software won't be "fixed" because someone decides to not update
        their operating system to correct a basic problem that has already been
        resolved in the Windows environment.

        73 de Bob - K├śRC in MN

        On 11/2/2011 9:41 AM, pwrpalm wrote:

        > Wow - glad I saw this. I also use the Casablanca time for sweepstakes,
        > as it is the easiest way to operate through the time change with XP SP1.
        >
        > But with the new SS rules, I think lots more people will be Assisted
        > and depending on spots. Is there any hope of getting this corrected
        > before the contest?
        >
        > Thanks and 73. Craig AC0DS

      • pwrpalm
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 2011
          I made my previous post while away from the shack and not able to verify the operation. I'm back now, and can verify that what Steve N2IC says is the actual operation.

          With my computer clock set to either local Colorado time or to Casablanca time, the "contest time" clock at the top of the N1MM log window reads the correct GMT time. With either setting of my computer clock, duplicate spots arriving after the bandmap spot timeout appear correctly both on the bandmap and in the Q&M Available window. All is well. This is with version 11.9.3

          Thanks and 73 Craig AC0DS