Re: [N1MM] interface

  • Wayne Alexander
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
      Frank

      I do not use USB-to-com adapter.
      Setup: Pen 4w/ 1.8g processor, 256ddr ram,WinXP PRO, radio Yaesu FT1000MP.
      For CW I use NA contesting software CW interface which is no more than a
      transresitor and resistor which has worked on serval programs.
      I have tried to install that dlportio file and I get an error everytime I
      try it.
      I can hook the radio interface up to COM 1 and it will work.
      When I go to the Config part of the software and set it for CW and say ok
      all I get is a solid tone from my radio.
      It is keying it,but all the time untill I tell take CW off of Com1.
      If you need any more info let me know.

      Thanks,
      Wayne

      At 06:44 PM 1/2/2003 +0100, you wrote:

      >Wayne
      >
      >First of all: it should work OK on all Windows versions, so bare with us -
      >we'll get it to work!
      >
      >You don't have to download or install anything for serial control. If your
      >PC has serial ports (com1, com2 etc) on board, the rig control should work
      >(provided you have the necessary hardware interfacing if needed). If you
      >use a USB-to-com adapter, this is another story. Do you?
      >It's convenient that you tell us some more about your hardware setup (PC,
      >rig, other peripherals for digital etc). Sometimes it helps to figure out
      >what can be wrong.
      >
      >If, like you, one uses any Windows non-95/98 (NT, 2k, XP), you DO need to
      >install the driver for the parallel port (LPT), due to the architecture of
      >this OS. Here is where to find it:
      ><http://pages.cthome.net/n1mm/dlportio.zip>http://pages.cthome.net/n1mm/dlportio.zip
      >
      >If your CW interface worked in DOS or another program, it should work here.
      >Do you use COM (serial port) or LPT (parallel) for CW?
      >
      >73 de Franki ON5ZO
      >
      >------------------------
      >N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      >------------------------
      >
      > >I just downloaded this program to try and see if I like it.I am
      > >trying to get the CW and radio interface to work but not having any
      > >luck. I am running WinXP PRO. That is why I am trying this software
      > >because my other contesting software does not work on the O/S.I have
      > >downloaded the Serial port program that it said to get,but can not
      > >get it to install.Maybe someone can help me.
      > >
      > >Thanks and have a Happy New Year.
      > >Wayne
      > >NØEA
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      ><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=234081.2814790.4175286.1925585/D=egroupweb/S=1705063108:HM/A=1327986/R=0/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4870027;7586687;a?http://www.ameriquestmortgage.com/welcome.html?ad=Yahoo01>1b7694.jpg
      >1b76d2.jpg
      >
      >To unsubscribe, send an email to:

      >---
      >Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

    • Tom Homewood
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
        What port are you trying to use for cw?

        Tom, W1TO
        Wayne Alexander <n0ea@...> wrote:Frank

        I do not use USB-to-com adapter.
        Setup: Pen 4w/ 1.8g processor, 256ddr ram,WinXP PRO, radio Yaesu FT1000MP.
        For CW I use NA contesting software CW interface which is no more than a
        transresitor and resistor which has worked on serval programs.
        I have tried to install that dlportio file and I get an error everytime I
        try it.
        I can hook the radio interface up to COM 1 and it will work.
        When I go to the Config part of the software and set it for CW and say ok
        all I get is a solid tone from my radio.
        It is keying it,but all the time untill I tell take CW off of Com1.
        If you need any more info let me know.

        Thanks,
        Wayne

        At 06:44 PM 1/2/2003 +0100, you wrote:

        >Wayne
        >
        >First of all: it should work OK on all Windows versions, so bare with us -
        >we'll get it to work!
        >
        >You don't have to download or install anything for serial control. If your
        >PC has serial ports (com1, com2 etc) on board, the rig control should work
        >(provided you have the necessary hardware interfacing if needed). If you
        >use a USB-to-com adapter, this is another story. Do you?
        >It's convenient that you tell us some more about your hardware setup (PC,
        >rig, other peripherals for digital etc). Sometimes it helps to figure out
        >what can be wrong.
        >
        >If, like you, one uses any Windows non-95/98 (NT, 2k, XP), you DO need to
        >install the driver for the parallel port (LPT), due to the architecture of
        >this OS. Here is where to find it:
        ><http://pages.cthome.net/n1mm/dlportio.zip>http://pages.cthome.net/n1mm/dlportio.zip
        >
        >If your CW interface worked in DOS or another program, it should work here.
        >Do you use COM (serial port) or LPT (parallel) for CW?
        >
        >73 de Franki ON5ZO
        >
        >------------------------
        >N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        >------------------------
        >
        > >I just downloaded this program to try and see if I like it.I am
        > >trying to get the CW and radio interface to work but not having any
        > >luck. I am running WinXP PRO. That is why I am trying this software
        > >because my other contesting software does not work on the O/S.I have
        > >downloaded the Serial port program that it said to get,but can not
        > >get it to install.Maybe someone can help me.
        > >
        > >Thanks and have a Happy New Year.
        > >Wayne
        > >N�EA
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        ><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=234081.2814790.4175286.1925585/D=egroupweb/S=1705063108:HM/A=1327986/R=0/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4870027;7586687;a?http://www.ameriquestmortgage.com/welcome.html?ad=Yahoo01>1b7694.jpg
        >1b76d2.jpg
        >
        >To unsubscribe, send an email to:

        >---
        >Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
          Com1

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
            I believe the file you are trying to load is only needed if you use LTP1 as the keying source. Since you tried the radio on Com 1 are you sure you have unselected the radio and selected Other under the Hardware setting and then edited for the parameters you need?

            Good luck.
            73, Tom
            Wayne Alexander <n0ea@...> wrote:Com1

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
              On Com1 other is selected and the CW is checked. Now on hardware settings I
              don't change anything there. Maybe that is the problem,but don't know what
              to change it too.

              At 05:29 PM 1/2/2003 -0800, you wrote:

              >I believe the file you are trying to load is only needed if you use LTP1
              >as the keying source. Since you tried the radio on Com 1 are you sure you
              >have unselected the radio and selected Other under the Hardware setting
              >and then edited for the parameters you need?
              >
              >Good luck.
              >73, Tom
              >Wayne Alexander <n0ea@...> wrote:Com1
              >

              >At 05:12 PM 1/2/2003 -0800, you wrote:
              >

              > >What port are you trying to use for cw?
              > >

              >Tom, W1TO

              >Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
              >
              >To unsubscribe, send an email to:

              >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              ><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=234081.2814790.4175286.1925585/D=egroupweb/S=1705063108:HM/A=1328027/R=0/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4870030;7586687;u?http://www.ameriquestmortgage.com/welcome.html?ad=Yahoo01>71fdc3.jpg
              >71fe01.jpg
              >
              >To unsubscribe, send an email to:

              >---
              >Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

              Wayne
              NØEA

            • Tom Wagner
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
                Try installing dlportio. If you can't install it, you may not
                have admin rights on your machine.

                The com ports use that as well as the lpt ports.

                73,
                Tom

              • n0ea@mchsi.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 3, 2003
                  It has been installed and still does not work.
                  As far as Admin on my PC, I am the only one on it.
                  When My computer boots up it does not ask to sign in
                  as any thing,unlike the Pc's that I take care of at work.
                  Maybe it installed to the wrong place.
                  I tried it again last night and it just gives me a solid tone
                  thru the radio.I am getting tried of WINXP Pro real Quick.
                  Can you tell me what is suppose to be in the config on COM1?
                  (Hardware,alwayson,alwaysoff,etc.)

                  Thanks
                  Wayne
                  N�EA
                • Tom Homewood
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 3, 2003
                    DTR 4 set to CW RTS 7 set to always off

                    I think that should do it.

                    Tom, W1TO
                    Wayne Alexander <n0ea@...> wrote:On Com1 other is selected and the CW is checked. Now on hardware settings I

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 3, 2003
                      The solid tone on a serial port is a bug that was introduced
                      a few versions ago. I fixed it in the last one,
                      but did not include it in the Newexe file. Wait for
                      the next version.

                      73,
                      Tom

                    • n0ea@mchsi.com