Re: [KenwoodTS-590] Re: [N1MM] N1MM macros for TS-590 DVK?

  • Steve London
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2011
      Bjorn,

      Try this:

      {CAT1ASC VX1;}{CAT1ASC PB1;}{END}{CAT1ASC VX0;}

      Turns on VOX, plays PB1, turns off VOX

      73,
      Steve, N2IC

      On 09/03/2011 07:10 AM, Björn Mohr wrote:

      > The TX-PB1-RX combination will key the transmitter and start playback of
      > the message. It will then immediately unkey the radio as the RX command
      > it executed right after the PB1 command. It will not wait for the
      > message to end, keying and unkeying happens in a fraction of a second.
      >
      > 73 de Björn
      > SM0MDG
      > SE0X
      >
      > 2011/9/3 Conor <conor@... <mailto:conor@...>>
      >

      > --- In KenwoodTS-590@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:KenwoodTS-590@yahoogroups.com>, Björn Mohr <bm@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > 2011/8/27 Pete Smith <n4zr@...>
      > >
      > > > It all depends on whether the radio supports CAT commands for
      > that - if
      > > > so it can be made to work.
      > > >
      > > > 73, Pete N4ZR
      > >

      > > Yes it does...
      > >
      > > I was able to find the "PC Command Reference". "PB#" is the
      > command to play
      > > the DVK memories where "#" is replaced with memory 1-4. The macro
      > "{CATA1ASC
      > > PB1;}" will play memory #1, but the odd thing is that the radio
      > has to be
      > > placed in VOX mode first as the memory does not trig transmit.
      > >
      > Hi Pete.
      >
      > With N1MM however, you can create the MACRO "{TX} {CATA1ASC PB1;}
      > {RX}" which should place the radio in TX mode then send the command
      > and then place it in RX mode. How quickly it does this is another
      > matter and I am not sure if there is a WAIT command you can put in
      > N1MM Macros. I'm in the RSGB Field Day this weekend so I can't test
      > it and don't really have the time to look it up.

    • Steve London
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2011
        Upon further reflection (and thanks to a comment from K3CT), using the {END}
        command won't work with the TS-590 internal DVK. For the {END} command to work,
        N1MM Logger needs to know when the message has finished sending - information
        the TS-590 internal DVK does not provide.

        If you are using N1MM Logger, why are you using the TS-590 internal DVK at all ?
        A better approach is to use N1MM Logger playing a wav file, with the TS-590 USB
        codec acting as a sound card.

        73,
        Steve, N2IC