Re: [N1MM] PW-1 bus collisions

  • Joe Subich, W4TV
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2011
      In the listing of hardware options, I forgot to include microHAM MK2R
      and MK2R+. CI-V is one of the options available from each of the two
      (2) two bit ports (pins 4/5 and pins 2/3) on the accessory connector.
      There are 20 different interfacing/status options for those two ports.

      For example, to provide CI-V data for a PW-1 driven by Radio 1, one
      would connect the tip of the PW-1 CI-V line to pins 4 & 5 of the ACC
      port and connect the sleeve/shield to pin 18. "Serial Port 1" would
      be set to CI-V: TX frequency", "Source" would be set to "Radio 1" and
      Baud Rate/Address would be set appropriately for the PW-1.

      Note: although it is possible to source data from the "focused radio"
      and use a tally from the other two bit port to drive switching relays,
      I don't recommend trying to "share" a PW-1 between the two radios as
      that raises other issues with ALC levels, PTT switching, filtering,
      bypass switching for the "other" radio, isolation, etc.

      73,

      ... Joe Subich, W4TV
      microHAM America, LLC.
      http://www.microHAM-USA.com