Re: [N1MM] Getting a new computer

  • Bruce Blackley
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1 12:17 PM
      Hi Jim,

      Open up the new computer before you leave the store and make sure it has the expansion slots you need for the com ports.  I just bought a new computer and the salesman told me it had 3 PCI slots that would work.  After I got all my software loaded I took the side off to install the boards for my com ports and guess what, no PCI slots.  I had to return it and get a different one and start all over again.  This time I looked under the hood before I left the store.  The new computer is great, everything works.  (Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.)

      73 and good luck

      Bruce
      WD4LBR