Re: [N1MM] Convert Cabrillo File to ADIF

  • G4LMW
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2011
      Ron

      Why not make the same changes in N1MM, then export as ADIF?

      Rob, G4LMW

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2011
        I've already made the changes once, so I'm hoping to find a way to avoid making the changes again.

        Cheers,

        Ron, AD0DX

        --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "G4LMW" <G4LMW@...> wrote:

        > Ron
        >
        > Why not make the same changes in N1MM, then export as ADIF?
        >
        > Rob, G4LMW

      • ad0dx
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2011
          Thanks Joe. Somehow I thought tQSL only signed ADIF files.

          I tried this... but tQSL reported first that I have an unknown contest KS-QSO-PARTY... (why does tQSL care?).

          Then I removed the contest entry from the Cabrillo file, and then tQSL complains because there is no contest.

          Do you know how I can work around this problem?

          Thanks,

          Ron, AD0DX

          [1ST ATTEMPT]
          Signing using CALL=K0E/M, DXCC=291
          Error: Signing aborted due to errors
          Error: C:\AmateurRadio\Contests\2011\ksqp\K0E.LOG: C:\AmateurRadio\Contests\2011\ksqp\K0E.LOG: Cabrillo unknown CONTEST: KS-QSO-PARTY

          [2ND ATTEMPT]
          Signing using CALL=K0E/M, DXCC=291
          Error: Signing aborted due to errors
          Error: C:\AmateurRadio\Contests\2011\ksqp\K0E_ARRL.LOG: C:\AmateurRadio\Contests\2011\ksqp\K0E_ARRL.LOG: Cabrillo missing CONTEST record

          --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@...> wrote:

          > tQSL will accept a cabrillo file for signing. However, you will need a
          > a separate file for each county and you will need to manually create
          > a "station location" specifying the correct county/state for each file
          > you sign.
          >
          > Unfortunately, tQSL does not make use of the county data in either the
          > ADIF or Cabrillo file. You must specify the county as part of the
          > "station location" - thus the need for individual county files (even
          > on county lines).
          >
          > 73,
          >
          > ... Joe, W4TV
          >

          > On 8/31/2011 9:20 PM, ad0dx wrote:
          > > I was rover K0E/M in this past weekends Kansas QSO Party.
          > >
          > > I used N1MM as my logging software and sat on a number of county lines, giving out qso's for both counties.
          > >
          > > I kept notes of the first and last station I worked on each county line. When I got home I generated the Cabrillo log file and then I modified the file with an ascii editor to add in the extra qso's.
          > >
          > > Now I have this modified Cabrillo log file and I want to convert it to ADIF to upload to lotw.
          > >
          > > Can anyone recommend software to do this? I tried logconv but it does not support the Kansas QSO Party.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Ron, AD0DX / K0E/M

        • ad0dx
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2011
            Joe, thanks for your help.

            I read the docs some more and found where you add contest specific info. I have created my tq8 file.

            Cheers,

            Ron, AD0DX