Re: [N1MM] Parallel Port CW Interfaces

  • Rex Maner
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 27 8:21 AM
      http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Interfaces#LPT-port_CW_keying

      Rex

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: wb2pjh
      To: N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2011 1:53 AM
      Subject: [N1MM] Parallel Port CW Interfaces

      I'd appreciate some links to schematics for a parallel port CW interface to my FT897. I've been reading the thread about the Winkey and all the pros and cons of using it as the interface as opposed to keying it via transistors and / or optoisolators from the LPT port but my rig has a perfectly fine keyer and I use a paddle, not a keyboard and I have a hard time believing that my computer can't keep up with my 20 wpm unless there are polling or other issues that I'm not aware of.

      Thanks for your help. All suggestions are appreciated.

      --Dave WB2PJH