Re: [N1MM] Serial number

  • W8HW
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 2, 2011
      Its NOT that I don't like the answer, I don't like a wrong answer or a not thought out answer. By that I mean not reading the question and failing to find out what the person asking the question wants, then inserting his feeling into it. I have never figured out why people do that. Never answer a question until you first figure out what the question is. Don't you think that is good advice?

      The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 2, 2011
        Sorry for the confusion, Bruce. As Rob has already pointed out, apparently
        we were both answering different questions. I was attempting to respond to a
        question from Roger G3LDI which is at the bottom of this message.

        Obviously if you are only using a single computer my response is immediately
        disqualified.

        73, Ted W4NZ

        ...SK dit dit...

        > If there is a problem with a log and a PC and N1MM has to be used on
        > another machine, is there any way of continuing at a certain serial
        > number, or does it have to be a fresh log? In other words, can a contest
        > be started at serial number 145 for example?
        >
        > 73 de Roger, G3LDI
      • PA0MIR
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 3, 2011
          That is the way, even if you wish to send in your log you can do it this way.
          I used the same procedure in the ARI contest when making RTTY QSO's, which for me is not possible in N1MM somehow but I can do it in MixW, then to adjust the seraial numbers I just have to correct the first new contact after a string of RTTY QSO's and post-contest I import the QSO's from MixW into N1MM to get correct Cabrillo file (if I remember correctly I had to also adjust the Italian received sections but that is fairly quickly done as the ADIF name from MixW did not correspond to N1MM name.
          All this because my CAT is only running in one direction somehow after some mishap in the past with Kenwood TS450S. I still can get the rig to adjust frequency but no readout from it.