New VHF Database Release for June VHF Contest

  • Dave Zeph
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2011
      New versions of VHF Super Partial Check, and Prefill Databases are now
      available at:

      www.k3lr.com/w9zrx/ (Make sure to enter the Trailing "/".

      ======================================
      Release 2011.06.01.00 - Release Notes
      ======================================

      Many thanks to John Bennett, N4XI, who wrote Log Processing software for me
      this year that substantially reduced my workload.

      This Release was "zero based" to only include 2009, 2010, and 2011 Logs.
      The previous release contained data dating back to 2005. That is the reason
      for the reduction in the size of the Database.

      All files now begin with VHF_USA. The next 3-to-7 letters describe the kind
      of File Format or Target Logging Program. The next 8 numbers are the
      Release Date, and the last two numbers indicate that a newer release
      occurred on the same day. Normally the last two digits will be 00

      The .DTA and .SCP Files support Super Check Partial for the CT, KC6TEU,
      N1MM, NA, RoverLog, UcxLog, Win-Test, and WriteLog Contest Logging Software.

      The N1MM File will allow the N1MM Software to display the Grid Square.

      The RoverLog.LUP file supports RoverLog display of the Grid Square.

      The W3KM file supports VHFLOG display of the Grid Square.

      The .DTB File supports "Exchange Guessing" for Win-Test.

      The EXCEL Format Files have been discontinued. Those wishing to use the
      Data in Excel can simply open the .CSV (Comma Delimited) File with EXCEL.

      File Name Contains Format

      VHF_USA_CSV_20110601_00.zip Calls + Grids Sorted by Call - .CSV

      VHF_USA_DTA_20110601_00.zip Calls Only - Sorted by Call - .DTA

      VHF_USA_DTB_20110601_00.zip Calls + Grids - For Win-Test - .DTB

      VHF_USA_N1MM_20110601_00.zip Calls + Grids - For N1MM - .CSV

      VHF_USA_ROVERLOG_20110601_00.zip Calls + Grids - For RoverLog - .LUP

      VHF_USA_SCP_20110601_00.zip Calls Only - Sorted by Call - .SCP

      VHF_USA_W3KM_20110601_00.zip Calls + Grids - W3KM VHFLOG - ADIF

      Total Calls In:
      Super Partial Check Database: 10079
      Prefill Database : 9736

      Please tell me if there are any other logging programs that require a
      different format.

      Please E-Mail any additions or corrections to zephd@...

      Please send me your Cabrillo Files after the June Contest so that I can
      process a Release for the July CQ VHF Contest.