RE: [N1MM] Cut Number Styles

  • Jorge Diez - CX6VM
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2011
      Tom,

      I don´t think you cannot copy me right J

      So why are this different options of cut numbers in N1MM? I just ask for
      another option, anyone can decide to use it or not.

      I don´t know why only “T” and “N” are allowed, I need to read more about
      that.

      But if it´s a bad idea, maybe the best thing to do is to erase from N1MM the
      options to cut numbers, so we will reduce problems on the receiving end at
      all.

      I found that with very weak signals, sending a “A” helps to allow the other
      side to copy me right.

      73,

      Jorge

      CX6VM/CW5W

      From: N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com <mailto:N1MMLogger%40yahoogroups.com>
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2011
        Tom,

        sending A instead of 1 thousand times, of course save time.
        But if you not believe me, you can test it, sending 1000 trough 1100 and
        take the time you need to do that. Then do the same sending A000 to A100.

        Maybe anyone have a preference, so why N1MM have different options, anyone
        can choose what they prefer. I personally don´t like sending ALL cut
        numbers.

        And if I am in S&P and I call a station, I give it the full numbers (1409
        and never A4TN for example). And 90% of my S&P QSO´s I heard it before so I
        know the number he is sending to the other stations, so I will be sure the
        number he will give me.

        So in the other side, when I am running, I think that the stations calling
        me are listening me, so they are listening me sending consistently a serial
        number that ALWAYS start with A. Of course I didn´t send one time with A and
        the next QSO with 1 and after that with A..... this is a mess.

        If you are consistent it´s easy to the other side to know what are you
        sending.

        So the resume is that I ask if it´s possible to have another option (Leading
        A) for cut numbers. If the people that know, say that is not good, that´s OK
        for me.

        73,
        Jorge
        CX6VM/CW5W