RE: [N1MM] Cut Number Styles

  • Tommy Alderman
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2011
      I totally agree with Tom! You send me cut numbers other than 'T' and 'N' and
      if I don't copy on the first try, you became NIL for me. Reduce problems you
      generate on the rcving end by being practical.

      Tom - W4BQF

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2011
        And W4BQF has some skills copying cw...

        http://qrqcw.bandcamp.com/track/n8ln-and-w4bqf-side-b

        Tom - N1MM

        On 6/1/2011 7:27 AM, Tommy Alderman wrote:
        > I totally agree with Tom! You send me cut numbers other than 'T' and 'N' and
        > if I don't copy on the first try, you became NIL for me. Reduce problems you
        > generate on the rcving end by being practical.
        >
        > Tom - W4BQF

      • Jorge Diez - CX6VM
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 1, 2011
          Tom,

          I don´t think you cannot copy me right J

          So why are this different options of cut numbers in N1MM? I just ask for
          another option, anyone can decide to use it or not.

          I don´t know why only “T” and “N” are allowed, I need to read more about
          that.

          But if it´s a bad idea, maybe the best thing to do is to erase from N1MM the
          options to cut numbers, so we will reduce problems on the receiving end at
          all.

          I found that with very weak signals, sending a “A” helps to allow the other
          side to copy me right.

          73,

          Jorge

          CX6VM/CW5W

          <cx6vm.jorge@... <mailto:cx6vm.jorge%40gmail.com> >wrote:

          > you are right Larry,
          >
          > maybe we can have the two options like we have for T and N ("leading A"
          and
          > "all A")
          >
          > 73,
          >
          > Jorge
          >
          > CX6VM/CW5W
          >
          > De: N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com <mailto:N1MMLogger%40yahoogroups.com>
          > I would be confused by mixed cut definitions for one digit within one
          > report – sending a cut “A” as the first digit but an uncut “1” in any
          other
          > location in the report.
          >
          > Report 1xx1 = Axx1 (?)
          >
          > Probably better to be consistent throughout your reports.
          >
          > -larry
          > K8UT

        • Jorge Diez - CX6VM
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 1, 2011
            Tom,

            sending A instead of 1 thousand times, of course save time.
            But if you not believe me, you can test it, sending 1000 trough 1100 and
            take the time you need to do that. Then do the same sending A000 to A100.

            Maybe anyone have a preference, so why N1MM have different options, anyone
            can choose what they prefer. I personally don´t like sending ALL cut
            numbers.

            And if I am in S&P and I call a station, I give it the full numbers (1409
            and never A4TN for example). And 90% of my S&P QSO´s I heard it before so I
            know the number he is sending to the other stations, so I will be sure the
            number he will give me.

            So in the other side, when I am running, I think that the stations calling
            me are listening me, so they are listening me sending consistently a serial
            number that ALWAYS start with A. Of course I didn´t send one time with A and
            the next QSO with 1 and after that with A..... this is a mess.

            If you are consistent it´s easy to the other side to know what are you
            sending.

            So the resume is that I ask if it´s possible to have another option (Leading
            A) for cut numbers. If the people that know, say that is not good, that´s OK
            for me.

            73,
            Jorge
            CX6VM/CW5W