New Documentation for N1MM Logger

  • Larry Gauthier (K8UT)
    Message 1 of 4 , May 14 11:39 AM
      The N1MM team is pleased to announce the release of new, reorganized documentation for N1MM Logger. We have arranged
      the documentation into three new sections that you will find in the >Documents menu of the website: http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Document+Home

      1. Getting Started
      will take the user from first download to first contest with N1MM Logger. It incorporates virtually all the content of the former Quick Start Guide, plus a lot of new material.

      2. Digging Deeper
      is your resource for more detailed information, and should look very familiar because this material was collected verbatim from the Manual, References, and Appendices sections of the previous manual. This section has had only limited review and revision so far. That's the N1MM website team’s next chore.

      3. References
      is the place where you will find information not directly related to the N1MM Logger software, but which users have found useful over the years.

      For those who prefer off-line copies of the material, the >Files >Download Documentation menu contains PDF files of these three, plus a complete manual called All Documents.

      Effective immediately, your browser’s Favorites and Bookmarks should point to the new documentation – without any need for modifications on your part. We hope the change will be welcome, and invite comments from our readers. Don't be shy about letting us know about errors, omissions or inconsistencies you see.

      The authors of this revised documentation would like to acknowledge the huge contribution made by Thomas, PA1M, who wrote and maintained the original N1MM Logger manual for a decade. Although this new presentation looks markedly different, Thomas deserves our recognition as the author of most of its underlying content.

      73!
      Larry (K8UT), Pete (N4ZR) and Rich (VE3KI)

    • Robert Chudek - K0RC
      Message 2 of 4 , May 14 5:45 PM
        The new documentation is looking GREAT! I know (first hand) how much
        work goes into creating a good piece of support literature. You've got
        it well organized and I like the idea of one document with separate
        chapters. I haven't gone over it in-depth, but the sections I looked at
        are excellent.

        I have a question regarding the PDF file I downloaded to my computer.
        There are many references in the document but none of these are
        hyper-linked. They appear as if they should be. Were these stripped
        (intentionally or accidentally) during the PDF creation process?

        73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

        On 5/14/2011 1:39 PM, Larry Gauthier (K8UT) wrote:

        > The N1MM team is pleased to announce the release of new, reorganized
        > documentation for N1MM Logger. We have arranged
        > the documentation into three new sections that you will find in the
        > >Documents menu of the website:
        > http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Document+Home
        >
        > 1. Getting Started
        > will take the user from first download to first contest with N1MM
        > Logger. It incorporates virtually all the content of the former Quick
        > Start Guide, plus a lot of new material.
        >
        > 2. Digging Deeper
        > is your resource for more detailed information, and should look very
        > familiar because this material was collected verbatim from the Manual,
        > References, and Appendices sections of the previous manual. This
        > section has had only limited review and revision so far. That's the
        > N1MM website team’s next chore.
        >
        > 3. References
        > is the place where you will find information not directly related to
        > the N1MM Logger software, but which users have found useful over the
        > years.
        >
        > For those who prefer off-line copies of the material, the >Files
        > >Download Documentation menu contains PDF files of these three, plus a
        > complete manual called All Documents.
        >
        > Effective immediately, your browser’s Favorites and Bookmarks should
        > point to the new documentation – without any need for modifications on
        > your part. We hope the change will be welcome, and invite comments
        > from our readers. Don't be shy about letting us know about errors,
        > omissions or inconsistencies you see.
        >
        > The authors of this revised documentation would like to acknowledge
        > the huge contribution made by Thomas, PA1M, who wrote and maintained
        > the original N1MM Logger manual for a decade. Although this new
        > presentation looks markedly different, Thomas deserves our recognition
        > as the author of most of its underlying content.
        >
        > 73!
        > Larry (K8UT), Pete (N4ZR) and Rich (VE3KI)

      • stewart_bakeruk
        Message 3 of 4 , May 15 12:31 AM
          I really like the way the new documentation for the N1MM logger has been arranged. Congratulations to all involved...

          73
          Stewart G3RXQ

          Message 4 of 4 , May 31 1:50 PM
            The N1MM Development Team wants to know which station configurations (SO1R, SO2R, Multi-single, Multi-two...) you are using. Please take a minute of your time – probably won’t even take that long – to complete the simple, single-page survey:

            http://survey.hamdocs.com/index.php?sid=84392

            Instructions are on the page. Only one survey response per household, please. Thanks in advance,

            -larry
            K8UT