USB to RS232 Interfaces

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 11, 2011
      I'm sure this subject has been beaten to death
      sometime in the past...

      but I'm setting up some computers for Field Day
      and need a good reliable, and oh yes, inexpensive
      converter.

      Other than Radio Shack or Best Buy...anybody have
      any ideas?

      To avoid excess bandwidth...please reply off list.

      Thanks!

      ND8L
    • William Bathgate
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 11, 2011
        Look at the Buy Extras site. I have several of the short ones that I paid under
        $8.00 for that have worked ok for me.
         Sincerely,

        William S. Bathgate
        101 Wooded Brook Drive
        Harvest, AL 35749

        Cell - 1-256-529-1076
        Professional Certifications PMP, ITIL, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 12, 2011
          Ray, N1MM has a page in the wiki, I believe, about USB adapters with
          recommendations. I have Dynex DX-UDB9 adapters and they work on the TS-850
          and other serial needy stuff. Can't remember if I EBayed or Amazoned them.

          It all depends on the WIndows version and chipset so it's kinda of
          crapshoot. My shack 'puter is still in XP land.

          Dan W8CAR

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2011
            You likely have a virus on your machine. Spam is being sent out under
            your email address.

            Tom - N1MM