Re: [N1MM] Traps for the Unwary

  • jpescatore@aol.com
    Message 1 of 60 , Jan 3, 2011
      One issue is multi-mode contests, like ARRL 10M or IARU. I want ESM on in CW but if I'm not using .wav files it screws up SSB. So, I either have to remember when I change modes to :

      1. Turn off ESM and then turn it back on when I go back to cw, or
      2. On SSB use ALT-Enter to log the QSO but on CW use Enter

      John K3TN

      Message 60 of 60 , Jan 5, 2011
        What a wonderful teaching opportunity you have at FD. We had a similar
        situation at our FD last year with most of our operators not familiar with
        N1MM. Some had never used computer logging! We kept things very simple. The
        "default" setup was with ESM (and DVK on SSB)turned off, allowing the new
        operators - most were on ssb - to become comfortable with the basic logging
        functions first. The more experienced ops could set up the dvk messages if
        they wanted. Those who were more familiar with N1MM on cw already knew
        about ESM and how to turn it on/off and they helped coach the others.