Telnet Cluster

  • kc6fbe
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 2, 2002
      Installed 2.1.7 and tried to add more nodes in the packet cluster
      list, after added one I ad tried to use it , but each time I try
      to open the Cluster window an error occurred,"type mismatch error",
      in the PacketWindow(Form-Load), trying to continue, the Packet
      Windows open, but no nodes in the list.

      Anyone with same experience ??

      73 de Fabio

      I4UFH
    • Michael Morgan
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 2, 2002
        I would make sure of two things:
        1 - You have nothing locking the port (Like Palm Hot Sync etc...)
        2 - That the Laptop uses standard addresses for the ports. ( If you need
        help on this one let me know)

        Thanks

        Michael, AA5SH
        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 2, 2002
          I tried it on several logging pgms and always the same message "ERROR opening Port 1", so it appears the problem must be within the laptop altho it says no conflicts.
          Im using (2) W1GEE interfaces which take the power from the computer i guess(same interfaces im using on the desktop which work fine) ...Im keying via LPT1 with one , and the second is for controlling the radio. I will try it again when the Pro arrives but as I said I believe its in the laptop now so it looks like I better go back to Windows ME like I had to do on the desktop in order to get the com ports to work....Tnxs for your suggestions, I will keep working on it -Im still not sure if dlportio.dll, dlportio.sys and install.exe)got installed or not as i shared LPT1 works with several pgms ok, just not control of the radio...

          Steve

          > Ive tried every combo/baud/RTS And DTS always on/off/handshake I can
          think up here but nothing on the Omni 6+ and this Laptop, I guess no one
          else is running a 6+ --- Ive had nothing but troubles tryng to get it
          going., the TenTec book says to run it at 1 stop bit..So I think I will
          just wait fot the 756Pro to be delievered and give it atry. I got the LPT1
          to key the radio fine but it wont read it....not sure if its the laptop,rig
          or software settings now...there are to many variables.
          > I guess if all else fails I will put Windows ME back on the laptop and it
          should work then...I thought I got the dlportio files inslled ok but im not
          sure.....ive never been able to get a computer with XP to work correctly on
          the com ports:-)
          > Tnxs, Steve

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • N6TT@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 2, 2002
            Hmmmmmm, i do have Palm Hot Sync running off of a USB port....So Im gonna unplug it and give it a try...Im not sure about the laptop addresses for the ports tho....
            Things are maybe looking up here;-) Tnxs Michael
            Steve

            > I tried it on several logging pgms and always the same message "ERROR
            opening Port 1", so it appears the problem must be within the laptop altho
            it says no conflicts.
            > Im using (2) W1GEE interfaces which take the power from the computer i
            guess(same interfaces im using on the desktop which work fine) ...Im keying
            via LPT1 with one , and the second is for controlling the radio. I will try
            it again when the Pro arrives but as I said I believe its in the laptop now
            so it looks like I better go back to Windows ME like I had to do on the
            desktop in order to get the com ports to work....Tnxs for your suggestions,
            I will keep working on it -Im still not sure if dlportio.dll, dlportio.sys
            and install.exe)got installed or not as i shared LPT1 works with several
            pgms ok, just not control of the radio...

            > Steve

            Service.

            > > > To unsubscribe, send an email to:

            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            > > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • N6TT@hotmail.com
            Message 5 of 20 , Dec 2, 2002
              Unplugged Palm Hot sync and started over trying different combo's but still ERROR opening port 1-
              steve
              Hmmmmmm, i do have Palm Hot Sync running off of a USB port....So Im gonna unplug it and give it a try...Im not sure about the laptop addresses for the ports tho....
              Things are maybe looking up here;-) Tnxs Michael
              Steve

              > I tried it on several logging pgms and always the same message "ERROR
              opening Port 1", so it appears the problem must be within the laptop altho
              it says no conflicts.
              > Im using (2) W1GEE interfaces which take the power from the computer i
              guess(same interfaces im using on the desktop which work fine) ...Im keying
              via LPT1 with one , and the second is for controlling the radio. I will try
              it again when the Pro arrives but as I said I believe its in the laptop now
              so it looks like I better go back to Windows ME like I had to do on the
              desktop in order to get the com ports to work....Tnxs for your suggestions,
              I will keep working on it -Im still not sure if dlportio.dll, dlportio.sys
              and install.exe)got installed or not as i shared LPT1 works with several
              pgms ok, just not control of the radio...

              > Steve

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Gil Baron
              Message 6 of 20 , Dec 2, 2002
                If you are running Palm on a US interface it can in no way affect the COMM.
                ports UNLESS in the setup you are reserving the COMM port for a modem or
                other sync method.

                Message 7 of 20 , Dec 2, 2002
                  Ok, now im looking into computer managerment on the laptop....Under COM+ Event system and COM+ system Applications its set to MANUAL on startup.... under discription of applications it says:Manages the configuration and tracking of componet object model COM+ - based components . If the service is stopped, most COM+base components will not function properly.If this service is disabled, any services that explicity depend on it will fail to start......
                  Should both of these be set to AUTOMATIC?
                  Im lost with these computers, sorry for all the questions. I was about ready to give up when I started exploring the computer management which has 45 different things that can be changed. I dont want to mess it up further then it is:-)
                  tnxs, steve

                  Message 8 of 20 , Dec 2, 2002
                    Also im looking under communications port com 1.....under FLOW CONTROL, should it be set to NONE, Xon/Xoff or Hardware?
                    Steve
                    If you are running Palm on a US interface it can in no way affect the COMM.
                    ports UNLESS in the setup you are reserving the COMM port for a modem or
                    other sync method.

                  • Tom Wagner
                    Message 9 of 20 , Dec 2, 2002
                      I think you are digging way too deep. If you had this radio working on this
                      com port with another program, then it should be fine. No one has reported
                      that they have successfully operated an OMNI with the logging program, so
                      there is probably some unknown incompatibility.

                      We don't have any proof yet that it SHOULD work with the logging program, so
                      don't tear your machine apart just because it doesn't.

                      COM+ does not mean COM1-8. It refers to Component Object Model. Leave it
                      alone.

                      73,
                      Tom

                    • N6TT@hotmail.com
                      Message 10 of 20 , Dec 2, 2002
                        Ok Tom, Nope the laptop or omni has never worked . Ive never got the laptop com ports to work, likewise with the OMni6+ with other programs other then LPT1-
                        Michael AA5SH has been working with me off the newsgroup now with my laptop...One thing at a time I guess....
                        tnxs,steve

                        > Ok, now im looking into computer managerment on the laptop....Under COM+
                        Event system and COM+ system Applications its set to MANUAL on startup....
                        under discription of applications it says:Manages the configuration and
                        tracking of componet object model COM+ - based components . If the service
                        is stopped, most COM+base components will not function properly.If this
                        service is disabled, any services that explicity depend on it will fail to
                        start......
                        > Should both of these be set to AUTOMATIC?
                        > Im lost with these computers, sorry for all the questions. I was about
                        ready to give up when I started exploring the computer management which has
                        45 different things that can be changed. I dont want to mess it up further
                        then it is:-)
                        > tnxs, steve

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      • kc6fbe