RE: [N1MM] Re: Knowing if mult is needed on other bands

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2010
      No, no pop-ups. But, if you keep open the Available Mults and Q's window,
      watch the colors of the band buttons. That will quickly tell you which
      bands the station you've typed in is a needed multiplier or QSO.
      GREEN=double mult, RED=mult, BLUE=QSO

      In addition, the top border of the CHECK window will show on which bands the
      station is a mult or QSO - but it's not as easy to read at a glance like the
      Available Mults window.

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2010
        no, it does not 'pop-up'... if you open the 'available' window the colors of the buttons tell you which bands (and modes) you need the current call for a multiplier or new qso using the same blue/red/green color code as the band map.

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2010
          You bet - it is displayed by the color coding in the Available window.
          See
          <http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Available+Mults+and+Qs&structure=N1MM+Logger+Manual>

          "Each of the band buttons changes color when a callsign is entered in
          the callsign field *or*, in the case of contests where the multiplier
          cannot be determined from the callsign, when the exchange is copied. The
          color (green, red, blue or none) denotes whether that station is needed
          on that band as a double multiplier (green), a single multiplier (red),
          a valid non-duplicate QSO (blue) or not needed (none). The intention is
          to let you know whether you need that current station's multiplier on
          other bands, so that you can move him if you wish."

          73, Pete N4ZR

          The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

          On 11/1/2010 1:46 PM, k7rl2 wrote:
          > Searched and searched but couldn't find anything about how to know if the station you just worked is a new multiplier on another band. Does N1MM offer this feature?
          >
          > 73 de K7RL

        • K4GM
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 1, 2010
            Yes. The color of the call in red or green will tell you. If its blue its
            only an unworked station. If its gray its a dupe.

            Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 1, 2010
              It's my understanding that the red and green colours tell you if the station is a mult or double mult
              on the current band, but not if the station is a mult on a different band.

              I tend to look at the 'Available Mults & Qs' box for this information.

              73,

              Phil
              VK4BAA / VK4KW

              On Tue, Nov 2nd, 2010 at 1:15 PM, K4GM <k4gm@...> wrote:

              > Yes. The color of the call in red or green will tell you. If its blue its
              >
              > only an unworked station. If its gray its a dupe.
              >
              > Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless

            • WW3S
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 2, 2010
                not in front of the program now, but I seem to recall it will also put the
                "needed" info at the bottom of the entry window after the call is typed
                in....