Re: Knowing if mult is needed on other bands

  • n6nd
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2010
      Yes, if you have the Check window open, in the header of the Check window, it will tell you what bands the station in the entry window is a multiplier, and in the case of CQWW, what bands it is a double multiplier.

      73 Rick, N6ND

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2010
        No, no pop-ups. But, if you keep open the Available Mults and Q's window,
        watch the colors of the band buttons. That will quickly tell you which
        bands the station you've typed in is a needed multiplier or QSO.
        GREEN=double mult, RED=mult, BLUE=QSO

        In addition, the top border of the CHECK window will show on which bands the
        station is a mult or QSO - but it's not as easy to read at a glance like the
        Available Mults window.

        To clarify further: Does N1MM include a feature whereby an alert pops-up
        that tells the user that mult is needed on another band, and which bands are
        needed?

        --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "k7rl2" <eceurope@...> wrote:

        > Searched and searched but couldn't find anything about how to know if the
        station you just worked is a new multiplier on another band. Does N1MM
        offer this feature?

        > 73 de K7RL

      • David Robbins
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2010
          no, it does not 'pop-up'... if you open the 'available' window the colors of the buttons tell you which bands (and modes) you need the current call for a multiplier or new qso using the same blue/red/green color code as the band map.

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 1, 2010
            You bet - it is displayed by the color coding in the Available window.
            See
            <http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Available+Mults+and+Qs&structure=N1MM+Logger+Manual>

            "Each of the band buttons changes color when a callsign is entered in
            the callsign field *or*, in the case of contests where the multiplier
            cannot be determined from the callsign, when the exchange is copied. The
            color (green, red, blue or none) denotes whether that station is needed
            on that band as a double multiplier (green), a single multiplier (red),
            a valid non-duplicate QSO (blue) or not needed (none). The intention is
            to let you know whether you need that current station's multiplier on
            other bands, so that you can move him if you wish."

            73, Pete N4ZR

            The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

            On 11/1/2010 1:46 PM, k7rl2 wrote:
            > Searched and searched but couldn't find anything about how to know if the station you just worked is a new multiplier on another band. Does N1MM offer this feature?
            >
            > 73 de K7RL

          • K4GM
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 1, 2010
              Yes. The color of the call in red or green will tell you. If its blue its
              only an unworked station. If its gray its a dupe.

              Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 1, 2010
                It's my understanding that the red and green colours tell you if the station is a mult or double mult
                on the current band, but not if the station is a mult on a different band.

                I tend to look at the 'Available Mults & Qs' box for this information.

                73,

                Phil
                VK4BAA / VK4KW

                On Tue, Nov 2nd, 2010 at 1:15 PM, K4GM <k4gm@...> wrote:

                > Yes. The color of the call in red or green will tell you. If its blue its
                >
                > only an unworked station. If its gray its a dupe.
                >
                > Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless

              • WW3S
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 2, 2010
                  not in front of the program now, but I seem to recall it will also put the
                  "needed" info at the bottom of the entry window after the call is typed
                  in....