Enhancement Request: User programmable antenna selection default

  • barockteer
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2010
      User programmable antenna selection default

      Background:

      N1MM provides for automatic antenna selection by band using the Top Ten bits on the parallel port. The program searches the table in order of Top Ten code (0-15) until a match is found for the selected band. In a multi-user environment, all computers will default to the same antenna for cases where more than one antenna is available for a band. Depending on the station hardware, if that antenna is already in use, the second station to select it gets an open feedline. Operators may not know to use alt-F9 to select the other available antenna.

      Change:

      It would be helpful to provide a means for changing the default antenna selection, such as by adding another column to the antenna table in the configurer, which specifies default antenna choice for cases where more than one antenna is available per band. This way different station computers could be set with different defaults, which would reduce collisions.

      Tony, K1KP
    • Ron Rossi
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2010
        When considering this request please also consider extending it for
        SO2R. An example would be sharing a tribander stack...top, bottom,
        stack. When radio 1 is on 15m and radio 2 moves to 20m it would be
        AWESOME for it to choose the other antenna in the stack...the one not
        already in use. The hardware lockout function keeps the stack from being
        assigned to both radios. Currently every time this situation occurs I
        need to ALT-F9 to get an antenna for the competing rig.

        Here is a reference to this discussion from January of this year...

        73 es God Bless de KK1L...Ron Rossi (kk1l@...)<><
        QTH: Jericho, Vermont
        My page: http://home.comcast.net/~kk1l