Call History - 101
- Here is a simple step by step method to get started with Call History
- Using a recent program version (10.9.5 or newer), open last year's
- Click Tools, Clear Call History then Update with Current Log
- Click File, Export Call History and export the data into a file.
- Open the new contest log. You can associate the saved file with this
contest in the contest
dialog, Associated Files tab or click on File, Import Call History after
the contest is open.
- Click on Config and place a checkmark in front of Call History Lookup.
The call history data is stored in the database. If you open a different
contest and have Call History Loopup enabled, the program will use this
data. So uncheck this option after the contest.
Users can combine exported call history files from several years. I
recommend using NotePad because some editors place non-ACSII characters in
the file. This will cause import issues. Place the oldest contest at the top
of the merged file. The import routine will merge the data and deal with
duplicate entries. You can look at the result by exporting the call history
and viewing it with NotePad.
Users operating next week's PA QSO party should install version 10.9.6 or