Re: [N1MM] CQ WW RTTY - callsign highlighting, RST issues

  • Brian Alsop
    Message 1 of 30 , Sep 29 6:48 PM
      On 9/30/2010 01:13, plawsy_y wrote:

      > --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com <mailto:N1MMLogger%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > "K0RC - Robert Chudek" <k0rc@...> wrote:
      >
      > > My question is then:
      > >
      > > How do you get into the RST fields if both <TAB> and <SPACEBAR> jump
      > over them and put you into the first empty field?
      >
      > I have never had the need to adjust an RST in any contest that still
      > requires that as part of the exchange. I admit that some confused
      > RTTYers will use "5NN" as their RST, but to the best of my recollection,
      > I've never changed the field and I've never been penalized for *not*
      > fixing it.
      >
      > I wish that contest sponsors would replace RST with something useful!

      Like a space. No need for more to copy. What we don't need is more
      contest sponsors to get creative with that extra field and create more
      new contest exchanges. Contesting programers don't need this extra
      programming effort.

      Actually there is a benefit of having something sent before the actual
      exchange. It alerts the brain to "wake up" you have to copy what
      follows. I doubt that most proficient ops need their brains woken up
      though.

      73 de Brian/K3KO