RTTY (N1MM) - GRAB function ?

  • Leo
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 27, 2010
      During RTTY contest I used (MMTTY uder N1MM).

      Function of "Insert" key on keyboard is entering the call sign recognized in RX window, after you hit the INSERT key call is entered to call sign window AND trasmittion starts emediately! Can this be set just for entering the call sign in call sign window and than transmittion starts after you hit "ENTER" key ?

      73 Leo S50R
    • Art R8TX
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 27, 2010
        Please dont touch the long-suffering INS key, it aint broken :)
        Afaik there's a special key for grabbing a call.

        Leo wrote:

        L> During RTTY contest I used (MMTTY uder N1MM).
        L> Function of "Insert" key on keyboard is entering the call sign
        L> recognized in RX window, after you hit the INSERT key call is
        L> entered to call sign window AND trasmittion starts emediately! Can
        L> this be set just for entering the call sign in call sign window
        L> and than transmittion starts after you hit "ENTER" key ?

        L> 73 Leo S50R

        R8TX
        http://r8tx.qrz.ru

        "The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse." [Edmund Burke (1729-1797), Speech on the Middlesex Election,1771]
      • WW3S
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 27, 2010
          map a F key to {GRAB}, that way it will grab the call but not send....we use F11 for grab, but the INS key is awesome !!! My partner at VP9I wasn't aware of that function until abt halfway thru the contest....he loves it now !!!!!

          On 9/27/2010 7:22:55 AM, Leo (leo.xhoko@...) wrote:
          > During RTTY contest I used (MMTTY uder N1MM).
          >
          > Function of "Insert" key on keyboard is entering the call sign recognized
          > in RX window, after you hit the INSERT key call is entered to call sign
          > window AND trasmittion starts emediately! Can this be set just for
          > entering the call sign in call sign window and than transmittion starts
          > after you hit "ENTER" key ?
          >
          > 73 Leo S50R

        • Rex Maner
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 27, 2010
            2 ANSWERS

            1st Tnx for the contacts this weekend.

            Manually enter the call into the Log box or Mouse click on the call and it will go to Log window. Then when Hitting the Insert the message will be sent, or by hitting the colon : / semi-colon ; message will be sent.

            Good conditions this weekend

            Rex K7QQ

            During RTTY contest I used (MMTTY uder N1MM).

            Function of "Insert" key on keyboard is entering the call sign recognized in RX window, after you hit the INSERT key call is entered to call sign window AND trasmittion starts emediately! Can this be set just for entering the call sign in call sign window and than transmittion starts after you hit "ENTER" key ?

            73 Leo S50R

          • Dan Atchison
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 27, 2010
              What about ALT-G? Worked fine for me.

              Dan -- N3ND

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 27, 2010
                I love INS key.

                Just short participation during last week. I used N1MM ver 10.9.5. Just
                one computer crash (blue screen), I can't recall what was the reason.

                Observation:

                During the contest it happened many times that with INS key (for non
                Nord America station) the state/RACprov box in entry window was
                populated with random number and I must manually delete that number. I
                don't know the reason (noise, settings, ....).

                Kind regards

                Miha / S51FB