CW IF.EXE

  • g8ubj
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2010
      This seems to be called when I start up N1MM and after a while I max out on memory and have to kill the process? N1MM runs fine without it on RTTY, does anyone know how to disable it on start up, or why its suddenly there.. (deleting the .exe causes N1MM to throw an error on start up)

      I think this had something to do with the fix for SCC but WDIK?

      723 rex G8UBJ
    • David G3YYD
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2010
        Rex

        Are you using enough virtual memory? I checked my CW IF.exe and it takes
        4.6Mbyte not exactly much memory.

        David G3YYD

        On 04/09/2010 13:23, g8ubj wrote:
        > This seems to be called when I start up N1MM and after a while I max out on memory and have to kill the process? N1MM runs fine without it on RTTY, does anyone know how to disable it on start up, or why its suddenly there.. (deleting the .exe causes N1MM to throw an error on start up)
        >
        > I think this had something to do with the fix for SCC but WDIK?
        >
        > 723 rex G8UBJ

      • Steve London
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2010
          What makes you think that you are running out of memory, and that CW IF has
          anything to do with it ?

          Version ?

          Operating System ?

          73,
          Steve, N2IC

          On 09/04/2010 07:23 AM, g8ubj wrote:
          > This seems to be called when I start up N1MM and after a while I max out on
          > memory and have to kill the process? N1MM runs fine without it on RTTY, does
          > anyone know how to disable it on start up, or why its suddenly there..
          > (deleting the .exe causes N1MM to throw an error on start up)
          >
          > I think this had something to do with the fix for SCC but WDIK?
          >
          > 723 rex G8UBJ

        • g8ubj
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2010
            Well now I look i'm not sure.
            Symptoms are sudden slow transmit of characters rater like I am typing them hunt and peck style.

            I suspected Mozilla but that didn't cure the problem and CW IF was the only other application I hadn't seen before running?

            I have 1532 MB of virtual memory allocated by the system with 27162 available. I could increase it..

            Just running N1MM CW ID and Mozilla (And all the other windows xp clutter in the background)

            The PC used to have no problems maybe it was a windows patch?

            73 rex - G8UBJ

            --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Steve London <n2ic@...> wrote:

            > What makes you think that you are running out of memory, and that CW IF has
            > anything to do with it ?
            >
            > Version ?
            >
            > Operating System ?
            >
            > 73,
            > Steve, N2IC
            >
            > On 09/04/2010 07:23 AM, g8ubj wrote:
            > > This seems to be called when I start up N1MM and after a while I max out on
            > > memory and have to kill the process? N1MM runs fine without it on RTTY, does
            > > anyone know how to disable it on start up, or why its suddenly there..
            > > (deleting the .exe causes N1MM to throw an error on start up)
            > >
            > > I think this had something to do with the fix for SCC but WDIK?
            > >
            > > 723 rex G8UBJ

          • Dave Hachadorian
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 4, 2010
              Start Windows Task Manager by hitting ctrl-alt-delete. Look at
              the Applications, Processes, and Performance tabs on Task Manager
              to see which process is hogging resources.

              Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
              Big Bear Lake, CA

              > Symptoms are sudden slow transmit of characters rater like I am
              > typing them hunt and peck style.
              >
              > I suspected Mozilla but that didn't cure the problem and CW IF
              > was the only other application I hadn't seen before running?
              >
              > I have 1532 MB of virtual memory allocated by the system with
              > 27162 available. I could increase it..
              >
              > Just running N1MM CW ID and Mozilla (And all the other windows
              > xp clutter in the background)
              >
              > The PC used to have no problems maybe it was a windows patch?
              >
              > 73 rex - G8UBJ
              >

              > --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Steve London <n2ic@...>
              > wrote:
              >>
              >> What makes you think that you are running out of memory, and
              >> that CW IF has
              >> anything to do with it ?
              >>
              >> Version ?
              >>
              >> Operating System ?
              >>
              >> 73,
              >> Steve, N2IC
              >>
              >> On 09/04/2010 07:23 AM, g8ubj wrote:
              >> > This seems to be called when I start up N1MM and after a
              >> > while I max out on
              >> > memory and have to kill the process? N1MM runs fine without
              >> > it on RTTY, does
              >> > anyone know how to disable it on start up, or why its
              >> > suddenly there..
              >> > (deleting the .exe causes N1MM to throw an error on start
              >> > up)
              >> >
              >> > I think this had something to do with the fix for SCC but
              >> > WDIK?
              >> >
              >> > 723 rex G8UBJ

            • g8ubj
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 4, 2010
                Okay I think I found out the problem. Nothing to do with N1MM which is quite light on CPU but the Google search page has a graphic eating CPU cycles. I switched off javascript and navigated away and everythings okay now. I will have to watch that in future. I will remove Google as a home page.

                Interesting conditions on 15M today.. Lots of W and s american DX

                VY 73 to all Rex - G8UBJ