Call History and CQWW RTTY

  • W1UE
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2010
      I've played with this enhancement for the last hour or so and have found
      what seems to be a problem with it.

      N1MM Version 10.9.0
      Old Call History File (22538 calls that I've maintained for the past
      several years)
      No !!ORDER!! statements at TOF
      Call History Fields: Call, Name, GrdSq1, GrdSq2, Sect, State, CK, Date

      If I enter a call and hit the space bar and the section matches the
      state or is missing (section and state are the same), the state and zone
      are automatically filled in. If I enter a call and hit the space bar
      and there is a section that is different than the state (EMA for the
      section and MA for the state), the state and zone are not automatically
      filled in. However, if I hit the space bar again and wind up in the
      zone field, the state and zone are automatically filled in.

      I've put this statement at the top of the CHF:
      !!ORDER!!,Call,Name,GS1,GS2,Sect,State,Ck,Birthday
      This matches the fields I have in the file, but it doesn't change the
      above behavior- I still have to hit the spacebar to see the state.

      I have also not been able to get the Call History Export to export a CH
      file for CQWW RTTY. Should I be able to?

      Dennis W1UE
    • John, K3CT
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2010
        Dennis,

        > If I enter a call and hit the space bar and the section matches the
        > state or is missing (section and state are the same), the state and zone
        > are automatically filled in.

        I tested the CQWW RTTY contest and don't see a problem. This contest expects
        the Call History data in the Sect column and some stations are logged
        without anything in the State box.

        I imported a dummy call history file with no data to clear out the call
        history.
        I opened a new CQWW RTTY contest and logged four stations.
        I updated the Call History with the current log and exported it. The logged
        data appeared in the Sect field.
        I opened a new CQWW RTTY contest, enabled Call History, and imported the
        call history file that I just exported. This was to prove that a CH file
        with data in the Sect column works.
        I cleared all the spots in the bandmap on all bands.
        I entered every call that was in the call history and when I pressed
        spacebar, the data from the call history was populated in the Entry window.
        Can you repeat this?

        If you have specific issues with this contest, I will need an example. Be
        sure to check your call history file for corrupted data in the Sect field.
        That can easily happen with a call history file that you maintained for
        years.

        Having said this, I know there will be some contests that will need
        attention. I decided it was better to make the initial changes, establish
        stability, and then consider other improvements.

        > I've played with this enhancement for the last hour or so and have found
        > what seems to be a problem with it.
        >
        > N1MM Version 10.9.0
        > Old Call History File (22538 calls that I've maintained for the past
        > several years)
        > No !!ORDER!! statements at TOF
        > Call History Fields: Call, Name, GrdSq1, GrdSq2, Sect, State, CK, Date
        >
        > If I enter a call and hit the space bar and the section matches the
        > state or is missing (section and state are the same), the state and zone
        > are automatically filled in. If I enter a call and hit the space bar
        > and there is a section that is different than the state (EMA for the
        > section and MA for the state), the state and zone are not automatically
        > filled in. However, if I hit the space bar again and wind up in the
        > zone field, the state and zone are automatically filled in.

        > I've put this statement at the top of the CHF:
        > !!ORDER!!,Call,Name,GS1,GS2,Sect,State,Ck,Birthday
        > This matches the fields I have in the file, but it doesn't change the
        > above behavior- I still have to hit the spacebar to see the state.
        >
        > I have also not been able to get the Call History Export to export a CH
        > file for CQWW RTTY. Should I be able to?
        >
        > Dennis W1UE

      • W1UE
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2010
          Thanks for the reply, John. You gave me the key to getting it to work.

          I have maintained a 23000 call CHF for the past several years, and it
          has worked well with a number of different contests. To get it to work
          with CQWW RTTY, all I had to do was copy the State info to the Sect
          info, which I did in Excel, then saved the file as a CSV file. I then
          imported it into N1MM, and it worked FB.

          Thanks.

          Dennis W1UE

          On 9/2/2010 6:57 PM, John, K3CT wrote:

          > Dennis,
          >
          > > If I enter a call and hit the space bar and the section matches the
          > > state or is missing (section and state are the same), the state and zone
          > > are automatically filled in.
          >
          > I tested the CQWW RTTY contest and don't see a problem. This contest
          > expects
          > the Call History data in the Sect column and some stations are logged
          > without anything in the State box.
          >
          > I imported a dummy call history file with no data to clear out the call
          > history.
          > I opened a new CQWW RTTY contest and logged four stations.
          > I updated the Call History with the current log and exported it. The logged
          > data appeared in the Sect field.
          > I opened a new CQWW RTTY contest, enabled Call History, and imported the
          > call history file that I just exported. This was to prove that a CH file
          > with data in the Sect column works.
          > I cleared all the spots in the bandmap on all bands.
          > I entered every call that was in the call history and when I pressed
          > spacebar, the data from the call history was populated in the Entry window.
          > Can you repeat this?
          >
          > If you have specific issues with this contest, I will need an example. Be
          > sure to check your call history file for corrupted data in the Sect field.
          > That can easily happen with a call history file that you maintained for
          > years.
          >
          > Having said this, I know there will be some contests that will need
          > attention. I decided it was better to make the initial changes, establish
          > stability, and then consider other improvements.
          >
          > John, K3CT

        • John, K3CT
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2010
            Dennis,

            With the call history file import directive, you no longer need to use
            external programs to move or delete call history fields.
            I posted an earlier message with several examples.

            The import file can contain more than one !!ORDER!! import directive line.
            To be compatible with the older files, the import directive is optional.

            > Thanks for the reply, John. You gave me the key to getting it to work.
            >
            > I have maintained a 23000 call CHF for the past several years, and it
            > has worked well with a number of different contests. To get it to work
            > with CQWW RTTY, all I had to do was copy the State info to the Sect
            > info, which I did in Excel, then saved the file as a CSV file. I then
            > imported it into N1MM, and it worked FB.
            >
            > Thanks.
            >
            > Dennis W1UE
            >

            > On 9/2/2010 6:57 PM, John, K3CT wrote:
            >>

            >> Dennis,
            >>
            >> > If I enter a call and hit the space bar and the section matches the
            >> > state or is missing (section and state are the same), the state and
            >> zone
            >> > are automatically filled in.
            >>
            >> I tested the CQWW RTTY contest and don't see a problem. This contest
            >> expects
            >> the Call History data in the Sect column and some stations are logged
            >> without anything in the State box.
            >>
            >> I imported a dummy call history file with no data to clear out the call
            >> history.
            >> I opened a new CQWW RTTY contest and logged four stations.
            >> I updated the Call History with the current log and exported it. The
            >> logged
            >> data appeared in the Sect field.
            >> I opened a new CQWW RTTY contest, enabled Call History, and imported the
            >> call history file that I just exported. This was to prove that a CH file
            >> with data in the Sect column works.
            >> I cleared all the spots in the bandmap on all bands.
            >> I entered every call that was in the call history and when I pressed
            >> spacebar, the data from the call history was populated in the Entry
            >> window.
            >> Can you repeat this?
            >>
            >> If you have specific issues with this contest, I will need an example. Be
            >> sure to check your call history file for corrupted data in the Sect
            >> field.
            >> That can easily happen with a call history file that you maintained for
            >> years.
            >>
            >> Having said this, I know there will be some contests that will need
            >> attention. I decided it was better to make the initial changes, establish
            >> stability, and then consider other improvements.
            >>
            >> John, K3CT

          • WW3S
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 2, 2010
              what abt states with multiple sections? I guess OH would work for both, but
              PA for eaxmple, wouldn't....

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 2, 2010
                For CQWW RTTY, all I'm concerned with is the State. I just made the
                section field mirror the State field, and it worked FB. I'm going to go
                back later and try the alternate import method, and see if I can get
                that to work.

                Dennis W1UE