Re: [N1MM] "Time from last QSO & band change" feature in Version 10.9.0.

  • N1MM
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2010
      Be careful when using this new feature. Because cabrillo logs only
      show minutes, contest sponsors have specific methods for calculating
      time since last band change. These methods may vary and will not match
      the number shown in this new feature, since they do not have seconds to
      use in the calculation.

      73,
      Tom - N1MM

      On 9/2/2010 10:00 AM, Nick, NA3M wrote:
      > Some more information on "Time from last QSO& band change" feature:
      >

      > 1. You have to move cursor to the border of the DXLog frame (located to the
      > right from the Call frame) to see information as a tool tip.
      >

      > 2. Time from last QSO& band change will show up only after the first QSO
      > and first QSO on a new band (band change) AFTER the logger starts.
      >

      > 3. Changing bands without logging QSO on it does not count as a Band change.
      >

      > 4. Both Entry windows keep their own information on the time from last QSO/
      > last band change.
      >

      > Nick NA3M
      >

      > _____

    • JA1XMS
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2010
        UDC of 10.9.0 works great for KCJ contest with setup as
        http://www.ki.nu/~makoto/n1mm/n1mm-udc-kcj-ja-20100831.zip
        (This setup is for JA for now)
        Really appreciate, thanks.

        Then, my friend tried another contest with numeric exchange.
        Say, 5913 or 59913.
        and told me problem. I have duplicated the one for XPO
        (domestic) contest. The section name is the same as JA.sec.

        I have prepared the one, as,
        http://www.ki.nu/~makoto/n1mm/ja-xpo.udc
        and then got following if two digits numeric typed in Exchange.

        Can't log contact! Missing/Invalid Section!

        (If I change the one line of JA.sec, say, '13' to 'M13' and type M13 in
        exchange, it is logged. So setup seems almost good for some extent.)

        Thanks for always and in advance,
        ---
        de JA1XMS
        Makoto Fujiwara