RE: [N1MM] Strage happening

    Message 1 of 18 , May 1, 2010
      Tom, have you tried restarting the computer and N1MM?

      Ted W4NZ

      Message 2 of 18 , May 1, 2010
        Actually, no I haven't tried that yet. Guess I should do that, huh :-)

        But, I just turned it on before I started. Computers don't mess up do
        they?? 73
        Tom

        > Tom, have you tried restarting the computer and N1MM?
        >
        > Ted W4NZ

      • Tom Osborne
        Message 3 of 18 , May 1, 2010
          Hi Ted

          Well, I restarted the computer and N1MM, but it is still doing it. It is
          doing it with some other WA sections also. After the error window comes up
          I can close it and then the Q will log correctly. Is this only happening to
          me??? 73
          Tom W7WHY

          > Tom, have you tried restarting the computer and N1MM?
          >
          > Ted W4NZ
          >

          > Hi All
          >
          > When doing the 7QP, when I go to enter WASNO, when I type in 'WAS' a
          > window
          > pops up with an error message 'EntryWindow ValidateInLookup-3021- No
          > current
          > record'. WASNO is in the section list. Also happens with WASPO. 73
          > Tom W7WHY

        • John, K3CT
          Message 4 of 18 , May 2, 2010
            Tom,

            I tested the 7QP contest using the latest version and I can log both
            counties without error. Nobody has reported any logging issues.

            If you changed the import of the county or state information, it's likely
            that you caused this problem.

            Message 5 of 18 , May 2, 2010
              Which QSO party section list are you using? I tried it with the 7QP
              list and it worked fine.

              73, Pete N4ZR

              The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
              The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com

              On 5/1/2010 10:28 PM, Tom Osborne wrote:
              > Hi All
              >
              > When doing the 7QP, when I go to enter WASNO, when I type in 'WAS' a window
              > pops up with an error message 'EntryWindow ValidateInLookup-3021- No current
              > record'. WASNO is in the section list. Also happens with WASPO. 73
              > Tom W7WHY

            • DGB
              Message 6 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                Kudo's to all .... N1MM worked without a glitch in the combo of IN, NE,
                7QP 'test this weekend. I'm sure that move increased the activity for
                all the QP's. Excellent work!

                thanks de ns9i

              • Ron Rossi
                Message 7 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                  I am having trouble with Indiana counties. I preface with INxxx and
                  xxxIN and they don't take. I did not try just the xxx. Maybe I should
                  have? I have the counties as a note so I can add it.

                  73 es God Bless de KK1L...Ron Rossi (kk1l@...) <><
                  QTH: Jericho, Vermont
                  My page: http://home.comcast.net/~kk1l

                • bobk8ia@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                    Ron, it works fine if you just enter the IN county (the xxx as you put it),
                    with no "IN". It all gets mapped back to IN, so all is well.

                    I agree that doing that kind of breaks up the flow, but it works.

                    73, Bob K8IA
                    Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

                    John, K3CT wrote:

                    > Tom,
                    >
                    > I tested the 7QP contest using the latest version and I can log both
                    > counties without error. Nobody has reported any logging issues.
                    >
                    > If you changed the import of the county or state information, it's likely
                    > that you caused this problem.
                    >
                    > John, K3CT

                  • Rex Maner
                    Message 9 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                      Yes

                      > Well, I restarted the computer and N1MM, but it is still doing it. It is
                      > doing it with some other WA sections also. After the error window comes
                      > up
                      > I can close it and then the Q will log correctly. Is this only happening
                      > me??? 73
                      > Tom W7WHY
                      >

                      >> Tom, have you tried restarting the computer and N1MM?
                      >>
                      >> Ted W4NZ
                      >>

                      >> Hi All
                      >>
                      >> When doing the 7QP, when I go to enter WASNO, when I type in 'WAS' a
                      >> window
                      >> pops up with an error message 'EntryWindow ValidateInLookup-3021- No
                      >> current
                      >> record'. WASNO is in the section list. Also happens with WASPO. 73
                      >> Tom W7WHY

                      Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
                      http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/4bdd7743db5f32d3d24st02duc
                    • bobk8ia@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                        Slightly under 1400 qso's here (N7AT) in 7QP and no operational issues with
                        N1MM at all. Worked smooth and as "advertised". Big kudos to John K3CT and
                        the gang for tireless work last week.

                        I had my suspicions, with so may updates last week, that something would be
                        amiss. I had even created a workaround in case I was right. We (M/S with
                        xyl N7RQ) never had to use the "workaround". Logging went smoothly using
                        the method John had developed.

                        Now, just to show that N1MM life is not totally perfect, doing a post
                        contest re-score causes N1MM to drop credit for "the first 10 countries are
                        mults" which is in the 7QP Rules. Not a big deal, since the log checking
                        software will pick it up, but a small blemish nonetheless.

                        73, Bob K8IA
                        N7AT - Arizona Outlaws Contest Club station

                        In a message dated 5/2/2010 12:06:46 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
                        k3ct@... writes:

                        Tom,

                        I tested the 7QP contest using the latest version and I can log both
                        counties without error. Nobody has reported any logging issues.

                        If you changed the import of the county or state information, it's likely
                        that you caused this problem.

                        > When doing the 7QP, when I go to enter WASNO, when I type in 'WAS' a
                        > window
                        > pops up with an error message 'EntryWindow ValidateInLookup- pops up
                        > current
                        > record'. WASNO is in the section list. Also happens with WASPO. 73
                        > Tom W7WHY

                      • Rex Maner
                        Message 11 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                          N1MM works extreamly well for Quack just some minor glitches that a Duck
                          introduced. The IN counties if I enter INxxx or xxxIN have to be
                          force logged. If I enter just the 3 letter Abrevation it logs just fine but
                          shows up as just IN ??
                          I think this is supposed to happen .

                          Also when I enter just DX for a DX station in the lower cornor it says
                          ERROR but with G or DL etc. all looks correct.

                          REx

                          >I am having trouble with Indiana counties. I preface with INxxx and
                          > xxxIN and they don't take. I did not try just the xxx. Maybe I should
                          > have? I have the counties as a note so I can add it.
                          >
                          > 73 es God Bless de KK1L...Ron Rossi (kk1l@...) <><
                          > QTH: Jericho, Vermont
                          > My page: http://home.comcast.net/~kk1l
                          >

                          > John, K3CT wrote:
                          >>

                          >> Tom,
                          >>
                          >> I tested the 7QP contest using the latest version and I can log both
                          >> counties without error. Nobody has reported any logging issues.
                          >>
                          >> If you changed the import of the county or state information, it's likely
                          >> that you caused this problem.
                          >>
                          >> John, K3CT

                          http://www.netzero.net/freeemail?refcd=NZTAGOUT1FREM0210
                        • John, K3CT
                          Message 12 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                            Ron,

                            The IN QSO Party website lists the official county abbreviations. This is
                            what I followed.
                            http://www.hdxcc.org/inqp/counties.html

                            The QSO Party county multipliers are listed in the Multiplier window, Other
                            radio button.

                            >I am having trouble with Indiana counties. I preface with INxxx and
                            > xxxIN and they don't take. I did not try just the xxx. Maybe I should
                            > have? I have the counties as a note so I can add it.
                            >
                            > 73 es God Bless de KK1L...Ron Rossi (kk1l@...) <><
                            > QTH: Jericho, Vermont
                            > My page: http://home.comcast.net/~kk1l
                            >

                            > John, K3CT wrote:
                            >>

                            >> Tom,
                            >>
                            >> I tested the 7QP contest using the latest version and I can log both
                            >> counties without error. Nobody has reported any logging issues.
                            >>
                            >> If you changed the import of the county or state information, it's likely
                            >> that you caused this problem.
                            >>
                            >> John, K3CT

                          • Dale Putnam
                            Message 13 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                              I had the same issue, then I discovered I was still one rev behind, and didn't want to stop in the middle of the test to fix it. At least I believe it is corrected in the last rev.

                              Thanks for all the effort too, John, made a very nice experience for me!!

                              --... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

                            • John, K3CT
                              Message 14 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                                Rex,

                                I can't reproduce the DX / ERROR report.

                                What QSOParty type did you select? (top of log window)

                                What did you place in the ARRL Section box in the Station Information
                                window?

                                > N1MM works extreamly well for Quack just some minor glitches that a Duck
                                > introduced. The IN counties if I enter INxxx or xxxIN have to be
                                > force logged. If I enter just the 3 letter Abrevation it logs just fine
                                > but
                                > shows up as just IN ??
                                > I think this is supposed to happen .
                                >
                                > Also when I enter just DX for a DX station in the lower cornor it says
                                > ERROR but with G or DL etc. all looks correct.
                                >
                                > REx

                              • Rex Maner
                                Message 15 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                                  John
                                  I used the in State 7QP and the DX error was a small red button in Lower
                                  L.H cornor of the entry window. Where set local time a & time zone in
                                  control panel. The DX station is just logged and no prefix entered. It
                                  goes into Log as S53xx as DX then the message appears in the entry
                                  window.
                                  If I change the DX to S5 xxx then the Red button disappears ?? Not
                                  a biggie just Noted.

                                  Quack

                                  > I can't reproduce the DX / ERROR report.
                                  >
                                  > What QSOParty type did you select? (top of log window)
                                  >
                                  > What did you place in the ARRL Section box in the Station Information
                                  > window?
                                  >
                                  > John, K3CT

                                  Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
                                  http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/4bdd95df5023a2b0de1st03duc
                                • Tom Osborne
                                  Message 16 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                                    Hi Pete

                                    I was using the 7QP. For the section list to import, I used the IN7QPNE
                                    section list. That took me to the file to import box and I used the
                                    qsomulti-many.sec for the file to import.

                                    When I used IN7QPNE as the QSO party module, it told me I was entering as an
                                    'out of state' entry. 73
                                    Tom W7WHY

                                    > Which QSO party section list are you using? I tried it with the 7QP
                                    > list and it worked fine.
                                    >
                                    > 73, Pete N4ZR

                                    > On 5/1/2010 10:28 PM, Tom Osborne wrote:
                                    >> Hi All
                                    >>
                                    >> When doing the 7QP, when I go to enter WASNO, when I type in 'WAS' a
                                    >> window
                                    >> pops up with an error message 'EntryWindow ValidateInLookup-3021- No
                                    >> current
                                    >> record'. WASNO is in the section list. Also happens with WASPO. 73
                                    >> Tom W7WHY
                                  • Ron Rossi
                                    Message 17 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                                      Roger...that works! I understand now why it was done. Rather a mess (NOT
                                      THE PROGRAM....the abbreviations) with New England having trailing
                                      States (xxxVT), 7QP having leading States (AZxxx) and Indiana having no
                                      State. Wahoo!

                                      Nice work with the code! I love this program.