Strage happening

  • Tom Osborne
    Message 1 of 18 , May 1, 2010
      Hi All

      When doing the 7QP, when I go to enter WASNO, when I type in 'WAS' a window
      pops up with an error message 'EntryWindow ValidateInLookup-3021- No current
      record'. WASNO is in the section list. Also happens with WASPO. 73
      Tom W7WHY
      Message 2 of 18 , May 1, 2010
        Tom, have you tried restarting the computer and N1MM?

        Ted W4NZ

        Message 3 of 18 , May 1, 2010
          Actually, no I haven't tried that yet. Guess I should do that, huh :-)

          But, I just turned it on before I started. Computers don't mess up do
          they?? 73
          Tom

          > Tom, have you tried restarting the computer and N1MM?
          >
          > Ted W4NZ

        • Tom Osborne
          Message 4 of 18 , May 1, 2010
            Hi Ted

            Well, I restarted the computer and N1MM, but it is still doing it. It is
            doing it with some other WA sections also. After the error window comes up
            I can close it and then the Q will log correctly. Is this only happening to
            me??? 73
            Tom W7WHY

            > Tom, have you tried restarting the computer and N1MM?
            >
            > Ted W4NZ
            >

            > Hi All
            >
            > When doing the 7QP, when I go to enter WASNO, when I type in 'WAS' a
            > window
            > pops up with an error message 'EntryWindow ValidateInLookup-3021- No
            > current
            > record'. WASNO is in the section list. Also happens with WASPO. 73
            > Tom W7WHY

          • John, K3CT
            Message 5 of 18 , May 2, 2010
              Tom,

              I tested the 7QP contest using the latest version and I can log both
              counties without error. Nobody has reported any logging issues.

              If you changed the import of the county or state information, it's likely
              that you caused this problem.

              Message 6 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                Which QSO party section list are you using? I tried it with the 7QP
                list and it worked fine.

                73, Pete N4ZR

                The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
                The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com

                On 5/1/2010 10:28 PM, Tom Osborne wrote:
                > Hi All
                >
                > When doing the 7QP, when I go to enter WASNO, when I type in 'WAS' a window
                > pops up with an error message 'EntryWindow ValidateInLookup-3021- No current
                > record'. WASNO is in the section list. Also happens with WASPO. 73
                > Tom W7WHY

              • DGB
                Message 7 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                  Kudo's to all .... N1MM worked without a glitch in the combo of IN, NE,
                  7QP 'test this weekend. I'm sure that move increased the activity for
                  all the QP's. Excellent work!

                  thanks de ns9i

                • Ron Rossi
                  Message 8 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                    I am having trouble with Indiana counties. I preface with INxxx and
                    xxxIN and they don't take. I did not try just the xxx. Maybe I should
                    have? I have the counties as a note so I can add it.

                    73 es God Bless de KK1L...Ron Rossi (kk1l@...) <><
                    QTH: Jericho, Vermont
                    My page: http://home.comcast.net/~kk1l

                  • bobk8ia@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                      Ron, it works fine if you just enter the IN county (the xxx as you put it),
                      with no "IN". It all gets mapped back to IN, so all is well.

                      I agree that doing that kind of breaks up the flow, but it works.

                      73, Bob K8IA
                      Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

                      John, K3CT wrote:

                      > Tom,
                      >
                      > I tested the 7QP contest using the latest version and I can log both
                      > counties without error. Nobody has reported any logging issues.
                      >
                      > If you changed the import of the county or state information, it's likely
                      > that you caused this problem.
                      >
                      > John, K3CT

                    • Rex Maner
                      Message 10 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                        Yes

                        > Well, I restarted the computer and N1MM, but it is still doing it. It is
                        > doing it with some other WA sections also. After the error window comes
                        > up
                        > I can close it and then the Q will log correctly. Is this only happening
                        > me??? 73
                        > Tom W7WHY
                        >

                        >> Tom, have you tried restarting the computer and N1MM?
                        >>
                        >> Ted W4NZ
                        >>

                        >> Hi All
                        >>
                        >> When doing the 7QP, when I go to enter WASNO, when I type in 'WAS' a
                        >> window
                        >> pops up with an error message 'EntryWindow ValidateInLookup-3021- No
                        >> current
                        >> record'. WASNO is in the section list. Also happens with WASPO. 73
                        >> Tom W7WHY

                        Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
                        http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/4bdd7743db5f32d3d24st02duc
                      • bobk8ia@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                          Slightly under 1400 qso's here (N7AT) in 7QP and no operational issues with
                          N1MM at all. Worked smooth and as "advertised". Big kudos to John K3CT and
                          the gang for tireless work last week.

                          I had my suspicions, with so may updates last week, that something would be
                          amiss. I had even created a workaround in case I was right. We (M/S with
                          xyl N7RQ) never had to use the "workaround". Logging went smoothly using
                          the method John had developed.

                          Now, just to show that N1MM life is not totally perfect, doing a post
                          contest re-score causes N1MM to drop credit for "the first 10 countries are
                          mults" which is in the 7QP Rules. Not a big deal, since the log checking
                          software will pick it up, but a small blemish nonetheless.

                          73, Bob K8IA
                          N7AT - Arizona Outlaws Contest Club station

                          In a message dated 5/2/2010 12:06:46 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
                          k3ct@... writes:

                          Tom,

                          I tested the 7QP contest using the latest version and I can log both
                          counties without error. Nobody has reported any logging issues.

                          If you changed the import of the county or state information, it's likely
                          that you caused this problem.

                          > When doing the 7QP, when I go to enter WASNO, when I type in 'WAS' a
                          > window
                          > pops up with an error message 'EntryWindow ValidateInLookup- pops up
                          > current
                          > record'. WASNO is in the section list. Also happens with WASPO. 73
                          > Tom W7WHY

                        • Rex Maner
                          Message 12 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                            N1MM works extreamly well for Quack just some minor glitches that a Duck
                            introduced. The IN counties if I enter INxxx or xxxIN have to be
                            force logged. If I enter just the 3 letter Abrevation it logs just fine but
                            shows up as just IN ??
                            I think this is supposed to happen .

                            Also when I enter just DX for a DX station in the lower cornor it says
                            ERROR but with G or DL etc. all looks correct.

                            REx

                            >I am having trouble with Indiana counties. I preface with INxxx and
                            > xxxIN and they don't take. I did not try just the xxx. Maybe I should
                            > have? I have the counties as a note so I can add it.
                            >
                            > 73 es God Bless de KK1L...Ron Rossi (kk1l@...) <><
                            > QTH: Jericho, Vermont
                            > My page: http://home.comcast.net/~kk1l
                            >

                            > John, K3CT wrote:
                            >>

                            >> Tom,
                            >>
                            >> I tested the 7QP contest using the latest version and I can log both
                            >> counties without error. Nobody has reported any logging issues.
                            >>
                            >> If you changed the import of the county or state information, it's likely
                            >> that you caused this problem.
                            >>
                            >> John, K3CT

                            http://www.netzero.net/freeemail?refcd=NZTAGOUT1FREM0210
                          • John, K3CT
                            Message 13 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                              Ron,

                              The IN QSO Party website lists the official county abbreviations. This is
                              what I followed.
                              http://www.hdxcc.org/inqp/counties.html

                              The QSO Party county multipliers are listed in the Multiplier window, Other
                              radio button.

                              >I am having trouble with Indiana counties. I preface with INxxx and
                              > xxxIN and they don't take. I did not try just the xxx. Maybe I should
                              > have? I have the counties as a note so I can add it.
                              >
                              > 73 es God Bless de KK1L...Ron Rossi (kk1l@...) <><
                              > QTH: Jericho, Vermont
                              > My page: http://home.comcast.net/~kk1l
                              >

                              > John, K3CT wrote:
                              >>

                              >> Tom,
                              >>
                              >> I tested the 7QP contest using the latest version and I can log both
                              >> counties without error. Nobody has reported any logging issues.
                              >>
                              >> If you changed the import of the county or state information, it's likely
                              >> that you caused this problem.
                              >>
                              >> John, K3CT

                            • Dale Putnam
                              Message 14 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                                I had the same issue, then I discovered I was still one rev behind, and didn't want to stop in the middle of the test to fix it. At least I believe it is corrected in the last rev.

                                Thanks for all the effort too, John, made a very nice experience for me!!

                                --... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

                              • John, K3CT
                                Message 15 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                                  Rex,

                                  I can't reproduce the DX / ERROR report.

                                  What QSOParty type did you select? (top of log window)

                                  What did you place in the ARRL Section box in the Station Information
                                  window?

                                  > N1MM works extreamly well for Quack just some minor glitches that a Duck
                                  > introduced. The IN counties if I enter INxxx or xxxIN have to be
                                  > force logged. If I enter just the 3 letter Abrevation it logs just fine
                                  > but
                                  > shows up as just IN ??
                                  > I think this is supposed to happen .
                                  >
                                  > Also when I enter just DX for a DX station in the lower cornor it says
                                  > ERROR but with G or DL etc. all looks correct.
                                  >
                                  > REx

                                • Rex Maner
                                  Message 16 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                                    John
                                    I used the in State 7QP and the DX error was a small red button in Lower
                                    L.H cornor of the entry window. Where set local time a & time zone in
                                    control panel. The DX station is just logged and no prefix entered. It
                                    goes into Log as S53xx as DX then the message appears in the entry
                                    window.
                                    If I change the DX to S5 xxx then the Red button disappears ?? Not
                                    a biggie just Noted.

                                    Quack

                                    > I can't reproduce the DX / ERROR report.
                                    >
                                    > What QSOParty type did you select? (top of log window)
                                    >
                                    > What did you place in the ARRL Section box in the Station Information
                                    > window?
                                    >
                                    > John, K3CT

                                    Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
                                    http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/4bdd95df5023a2b0de1st03duc
                                  • Tom Osborne
                                    Message 17 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                                      Hi Pete

                                      I was using the 7QP. For the section list to import, I used the IN7QPNE
                                      section list. That took me to the file to import box and I used the
                                      qsomulti-many.sec for the file to import.

                                      When I used IN7QPNE as the QSO party module, it told me I was entering as an
                                      'out of state' entry. 73
                                      Tom W7WHY

                                      > Which QSO party section list are you using? I tried it with the 7QP
                                      > list and it worked fine.
                                      >
                                      > 73, Pete N4ZR

                                      > On 5/1/2010 10:28 PM, Tom Osborne wrote:
                                      >> Hi All
                                      >>
                                      >> When doing the 7QP, when I go to enter WASNO, when I type in 'WAS' a
                                      >> window
                                      >> pops up with an error message 'EntryWindow ValidateInLookup-3021- No
                                      >> current
                                      >> record'. WASNO is in the section list. Also happens with WASPO. 73
                                      >> Tom W7WHY
                                    • Ron Rossi
                                      Message 18 of 18 , May 2, 2010
                                        Roger...that works! I understand now why it was done. Rather a mess (NOT
                                        THE PROGRAM....the abbreviations) with New England having trailing
                                        States (xxxVT), 7QP having leading States (AZxxx) and Indiana having no
                                        State. Wahoo!

                                        Nice work with the code! I love this program.