Re: [N1MM] logging in 7QP for 7-Land station

  • Tom Osborne
    Message 1 of 26 , May 1, 2010
      Hi Rex

      If you select 7QP for the contest and then import the IN7QPNE module, it
      will put you in state and let you enter all the exchanges. 73
      Tom W7WHY

      > As I read the instructions, QTH in 7 land use 7QP anywhere else use
      > IN7QPNE, I am in 7 land and will submit log to all three 3 parties. I
      > suspect I will have to force log IN and NE Q's and there is also a
      > county
      > hunters event that will require forced logging. I will pass on no ((NO
      > One )).
      >
      > See all of you in about 55 min.
      >
      > Quack

    • John, K3CT
      Message 2 of 26 , May 2, 2010
        Tom,

        Can you explain why this is necessary?

        > If you select 7QP for the contest and then import the IN7QPNE module, it
        > will put you in state and let you enter all the exchanges. 73
        > Tom W7WHY
        >

        >> As I read the instructions, QTH in 7 land use 7QP anywhere else use
        >> IN7QPNE, I am in 7 land and will submit log to all three 3 parties. I
        >> suspect I will have to force log IN and NE Q's and there is also a
        >> county
        >> hunters event that will require forced logging. I will pass on no ((NO
        >> One )).
        >>
        >> See all of you in about 55 min.
        >>
        >> Quack

      • Tom Osborne
        Message 3 of 26 , May 2, 2010
          Hi John

          When I selected 'IN7QPNE' as the QSO party, it told me my section was OR and
          I was entering as an 'out of state' entry and had to change my station data
          in config/station data, even though it was set up with me in Oregon.

          If I selected 7QP as the QSO party, then selected IN7QPNE for section list,
          and imported the qsosection-many.sec, it told me my section was OR and I
          was an 'in state entry' for the 7QP.

          73
          Tom W7WHY

        • Rex Maner
          Message 4 of 26 , May 2, 2010
            Tom
            I didn't get fancy and import IN7QPNE I think that was done by somone prior
            to the test,
            The problem as I see it when I work KC1V who was in TOLCT all that shows
            in the log is CT, If I call the entry back to Entry window then the TOLCT
            shows .

            I expeted the Log to show TOLCT as entered. This also happened with IN
            stations when I properly entered the exchange (xxx) not with INxxx or
            xxxIN

            I think (( trouble NOW )) that this will be taken care of when logs are
            sent to IN and NE entry addresses ??

            Quack

            > If you select 7QP for the contest and then import the IN7QPNE module, it
            > will put you in state and let you enter all the exchanges. 73
            > Tom W7WHY
            >

            >> As I read the instructions, QTH in 7 land use 7QP anywhere else use
            >> IN7QPNE, I am in 7 land and will submit log to all three 3 parties. I
            >> suspect I will have to force log IN and NE Q's and there is also a
            >> county
            >> hunters event that will require forced logging. I will pass on no ((NO
            >> One )).
            >>
            >> See all of you in about 55 min.
            >>
            >> Quack

            Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
            http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/4bdd9852922f62b1233st03duc
          • Tom Osborne
            Message 5 of 26 , May 2, 2010
              Hi Rex

              I actually worked great here and allowed me to log all sections from all the
              different QP's, except the ones that started wlith 'WAS'. Other than that,
              it worked great.

              It was fun to be able to log the exchanges from all 3 different QSO parties.
              Thanks to John and all the others for getting this to work so well. 73
              Tom W7WHY

              > Tom
              > I didn't get fancy and import IN7QPNE I think that was done by somone
              > prior
              > to the test,
              > The problem as I see it when I work KC1V who was in TOLCT all that
              > shows
              > in the log is CT, If I call the entry back to Entry window then the TOLCT
              > shows .
              >
              > I expeted the Log to show TOLCT as entered. This also happened with IN
              > stations when I properly entered the exchange (xxx) not with INxxx or
              > xxxIN
              >
              > I think (( trouble NOW )) that this will be taken care of when logs are
              > sent to IN and NE entry addresses ??
              >
              > Quack
            • John, K3CT
              Message 6 of 26 , May 2, 2010
                Tom,

                I still don't know why you changed with the section and state list. Clearly,
                this is why you had problems. Now your database contains the wrong section
                and state data.

                You should have selected 7QP and used the program as installed. Hard to
                believe you missed this in the release notes and many emails.

                > When I selected 'IN7QPNE' as the QSO party, it told me my section was OR
                > and
                > I was entering as an 'out of state' entry and had to change my station
                > data
                > in config/station data, even though it was set up with me in Oregon.
                >
                > If I selected 7QP as the QSO party, then selected IN7QPNE for section
                > list,
                > and imported the qsosection-many.sec, it told me my section was OR and I
                > was an 'in state entry' for the 7QP.
                >
                > 73
                > Tom W7WHY
                >

                >> Tom,
                >>
                >> Can you explain why this is necessary?
                >>

                >>> Hi Rex
                >>>

                >>> If you select 7QP for the contest and then import the IN7QPNE module, it
                >>> will put you in state and let you enter all the exchanges. 73
                >>> Tom W7WHY

              • Rex Maner
                Message 7 of 26 , May 2, 2010
                  Tom

                  I could log them OK but when they were entered the county info disappeared
                  and just got the State to show in the Log sheet ??

                  > I actually worked great here and allowed me to log all sections from all
                  > the
                  > different QP's, except the ones that started wlith 'WAS'. Other than
                  > that,
                  > it worked great.
                  >
                  > It was fun to be able to log the exchanges from all 3 different QSO
                  > parties.
                  > Thanks to John and all the others for getting this to work so well. 73
                  > Tom W7WHY
                  >

                  >> Tom
                  >> I didn't get fancy and import IN7QPNE I think that was done by somone
                  >> prior
                  >> to the test,
                  >> The problem as I see it when I work KC1V who was in TOLCT all that
                  >> shows
                  >> in the log is CT, If I call the entry back to Entry window then the
                  >> TOLCT
                  >> shows .
                  >>
                  >> I expeted the Log to show TOLCT as entered. This also happened with IN
                  >> stations when I properly entered the exchange (xxx) not with INxxx or
                  >> xxxIN
                  >>
                  >> I think (( trouble NOW )) that this will be taken care of when logs
                  >> are
                  >> sent to IN and NE entry addresses ??
                  >>
                  >> Quack

                  A Reverse Mortgage?
                  Near 70? Find out how much money you can get from a reverse mortgage.
                  http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/4bdde61f174922af749st05duc
                • Rex Maner
                  Message 8 of 26 , May 2, 2010
                    > There are several duplicate three character NEWE abbreviations that had to
                    > be removed because they are identical to IN county abbreviations. These
                    > NEWE
                    > participants should certainly be using the five character abbreviation.

                    I worked W1WBB on 4 differant occasions and he gave "" NERI "" now I
                    know what assume means but is this supposed to be Newport, RI ???

                    QRZ.COM shows him as Portmouth, RI which is in Newport County ??

                    Quack

                    Message 9 of 26 , May 2, 2010
                      Rex, NEWE uses 3 or 5 character abbreviations with 5 being preferred.
                      That should have been "newri", which is the exchange I received from
                      W1WBB. Are you sure the static didn't swallow part of his
                      transmission?

                      Joe - W2QQ

                      Sent from my mobile device
                    • Rex Maner
                      Message 10 of 26 , May 2, 2010
                        Joe
                        I worked him 4 yes 4 times and questioned the NERI every time ???

                        Oh well I had guessed and haven't as yet massaged the Log ha ha

                        Quack

                        Tnx the Quacks frm CT

                        > Rex, NEWE uses 3 or 5 character abbreviations with 5 being preferred.
                        > That should have been "newri", which is the exchange I received from
                        > W1WBB. Are you sure the static didn't swallow part of his
                        > transmission?
                        >
                        > Joe - W2QQ
                        >
                        > On 5/2/10, Rex Maner <k7qq@...> wrote:
                        >>> There are several duplicate three character NEWE abbreviations that had
                        >>> be removed because they are identical to IN county abbreviations. These
                        >>> NEWE
                        >>> participants should certainly be using the five character abbreviation.
                        >>

                        >> I worked W1WBB on 4 differant occasions and he gave "" NERI "" now I
                        >> know what assume means but is this supposed to be Newport, RI ???
                        >>
                        >> QRZ.COM shows him as Portmouth, RI which is in Newport County ??
                        >>
                        >> Quack

                        Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
                        http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/4bde106fd35cb2e982dst01duc
                      • Joseph Giasi
                        Message 11 of 26 , May 2, 2010
                          Maybe he doesn't like 7s?

                          CT Quack

                          On 5/2/10, Rex Maner <k7qq@...> wrote:
                          > Joe
                          > I worked him 4 yes 4 times and questioned the NERI every time ???
                          >
                          > Oh well I had guessed and haven't as yet massaged the Log ha ha
                          >
                          > Quack
                          >
                          > Tnx the Quacks frm CT

                          Sent from my mobile device