is there a command for a 'local spot'

  • FireBrick
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2010
      I call it a local spot where the call is placed into the bandmap but not on
      the cluster.
      Say I want to come back to a station later when his pile has gone down or
      might be louder.

      "Mark" just marks the spot as 'busy' but doesn't seem to list the call.

      I searched the help files but no joy.

      Quoth the Raven, "Eat My Shorts."

      TOWER/WEBCAMS and Weather Page
      Weather DATA @ http://hhweather.webhop.org
      Webcams @ http://71.57.45.48:8080/
    • Iain MacDonnell - N6ML
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2010
        °

        On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 5:42 PM, FireBrick <w9ol@...> wrote:

        > I call it a local spot where the call is placed into the bandmap but not on
        > the cluster.
        > Say I want to come back to a station later when his pile has gone down or
        > might be louder.
        >
        > "Mark" just marks the spot as 'busy' but doesn't seem to list the call.

        Try "Store" :)

        ~Iain / N6ML
      • Gary K9GS
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2010
          Hi Bill,

          alt-o

          That's alt, the letter O, not zero.

          73,

          -Gary K9GS
          GMDXA Web Site: www.gmdxa.org

          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2010
            Thanks, I just found it in the help files keystroke page
            Alt O, very intuitive. LOL

            On 5/1/2010 12:56:07 PM, Gary K9GS (garyk9gs@...) wrote:
            > Hi Bill,
            >
            > alt-o
            >
            > That's alt, the letter O, not zero.
            >
            > 73,
            >
            > -Gary K9GS
            > GMDXA Web Site: www.gmdxa.org

          • N1MM
            Message 5 of 5 , May 1, 2010
              Type in the call, tune the radio. It spots automatically, if you have
              not turned that feature off.

              Tom - N1MM