Re: [N1MM] logging in 7QP for 7-Land station

  • Rex Maner
    Message 1 of 26 , May 1, 2010
      As I read the instructions, QTH in 7 land use 7QP anywhere else use
      IN7QPNE, I am in 7 land and will submit log to all three 3 parties. I
      suspect I will have to force log IN and NE Q's and there is also a county
      hunters event that will require forced logging. I will pass on no ((NO
      One )).

      See all of you in about 55 min.

      Quack

      Message 2 of 26 , May 1, 2010
        Thanks John
        I will use the IN7QPNE file, however when I start up it says your entering
        outside 7 land, Will just disregard.

        Quack

        Message 3 of 26 , May 1, 2010
          > .... I suspect I will have to force log IN and NE Q's....

          No. If you select 7QP, IN, NEWE, IN7QPNE you will be able to log any of the
          counties in these three QP's.

          There are several duplicate three character NEWE abbreviations that had to
          be removed because they are identical to IN county abbreviations. These NEWE
          participants should certainly be using the five character abbreviation.

          Remember to log the county from every QSO party participant so you are able
          to receive credit when you submit the Cabrillo to the other sponsors. If you
          log just the state from the other QP's these QSO's will be invalid when
          scored by the other QSO party sponsors.

          I also expect that everyone has taken advantage of the QSO party fixes in
          version 10.4.9. These would have been fixed earlier if users had tested the
          code earlier.

          > As I read the instructions, QTH in 7 land use 7QP anywhere else use
          > IN7QPNE, I am in 7 land and will submit log to all three 3 parties. I
          > suspect I will have to force log IN and NE Q's and there is also a
          > county
          > hunters event that will require forced logging. I will pass on no ((NO
          > One )).
          >
          > See all of you in about 55 min.
          >
          > Quack

        • Ron Rossi
          Message 4 of 26 , May 1, 2010
            John,

            Any reason that the state in the exchange couldn't be used to modify a
            three letter county abbreviation when the cabrillo is generated?

            73 es God Bless de KK1L...Ron Rossi (kk1l@...) <><
            QTH: Jericho, Vermont
            My page: http://home.comcast.net/~kk1l

            John, K3CT wrote:

            > > .... I suspect I will have to force log IN and NE Q's....
            >
            > No. If you select 7QP, IN, NEWE, IN7QPNE you will be able to log any
            > of the
            > counties in these three QP's.
            >
            > There are several duplicate three character NEWE abbreviations that
            > had to
            > be removed because they are identical to IN county abbreviations.
            > These NEWE
            > participants should certainly be using the five character abbreviation.
            >
            > Remember to log the county from every QSO party participant so you are
            > able
            > to receive credit when you submit the Cabrillo to the other sponsors.
            > If you
            > log just the state from the other QP's these QSO's will be invalid when
            > scored by the other QSO party sponsors.
            >
            > I also expect that everyone has taken advantage of the QSO party fixes in
            > version 10.4.9. These would have been fixed earlier if users had
            > tested the
            > code earlier.
            >
            > John, K3CT

          • John, K3CT
            Message 5 of 26 , May 1, 2010
              Ron,

              It's not required and honestly not what the user logged.

              If you log the state instead of the county it will be exported.

              Message 6 of 26 , May 1, 2010
                John,

                It might not be required. I was responding to the situation of
                overlapping counties (Washington is a commons one to be sure!). As an
                example just because a user did not log the contiguous characters
                "CHIVT" does not mean that they did not log Chittenden, VT for my
                contact. If you enter KK1L CHI VT, then you did in fact log my contact
                correctly and have all the information to required to submit the contact.

                Thanks for you help and Good luck in the contests this afternoon!

                Message 7 of 26 , May 1, 2010
                  Ron,

                  I don't believe Washington county is a problem. WASVT (NEWE) or WAV (NEWE)
                  does not conflict with WAS (IN).

                  There should be no county exchanges that conflict with alternate state
                  abbreviations. I removed those.

                  I believe the three character NEWE exchanges that are identical to IN
                  counties are: HAR, HAN, KNO, BAR, FRA, CAR. SUL, NEW, BEN, ORA.

                  > It might not be required. I was responding to the situation of
                  > overlapping counties (Washington is a commons one to be sure!). As an
                  > example just because a user did not log the contiguous characters
                  > "CHIVT" does not mean that they did not log Chittenden, VT for my
                  > contact. If you enter KK1L CHI VT, then you did in fact log my contact
                  > correctly and have all the information to required to submit the contact.
                  >
                  > Thanks for you help and Good luck in the contests this afternoon!
                  >
                  > 73 es God Bless de KK1L...Ron Rossi (kk1l@...) <><
                  > QTH: Jericho, Vermont
                  > My page: http://home.comcast.net/~kk1l
                  >

                  > John, K3CT wrote:
                  >>
                  >> Ron,
                  >>
                  >> It's not required and honestly not what the user logged.
                  >>
                  >> If you log the state instead of the county it will be exported.
                  >>
                  >> John, K3CT

                • Tom Osborne
                  Message 8 of 26 , May 1, 2010
                    Hi Rex

                    If you select 7QP for the contest and then import the IN7QPNE module, it
                    will put you in state and let you enter all the exchanges. 73
                    Tom W7WHY

                    > As I read the instructions, QTH in 7 land use 7QP anywhere else use
                    > IN7QPNE, I am in 7 land and will submit log to all three 3 parties. I
                    > suspect I will have to force log IN and NE Q's and there is also a
                    > county
                    > hunters event that will require forced logging. I will pass on no ((NO
                    > One )).
                    >
                    > See all of you in about 55 min.
                    >
                    > Quack

                  • John, K3CT
                    Message 9 of 26 , May 2, 2010
                      Tom,

                      Can you explain why this is necessary?

                      > If you select 7QP for the contest and then import the IN7QPNE module, it
                      > will put you in state and let you enter all the exchanges. 73
                      > Tom W7WHY
                      >

                      >> As I read the instructions, QTH in 7 land use 7QP anywhere else use
                      >> IN7QPNE, I am in 7 land and will submit log to all three 3 parties. I
                      >> suspect I will have to force log IN and NE Q's and there is also a
                      >> county
                      >> hunters event that will require forced logging. I will pass on no ((NO
                      >> One )).
                      >>
                      >> See all of you in about 55 min.
                      >>
                      >> Quack

                    • Tom Osborne
                      Message 10 of 26 , May 2, 2010
                        Hi John

                        When I selected 'IN7QPNE' as the QSO party, it told me my section was OR and
                        I was entering as an 'out of state' entry and had to change my station data
                        in config/station data, even though it was set up with me in Oregon.

                        If I selected 7QP as the QSO party, then selected IN7QPNE for section list,
                        and imported the qsosection-many.sec, it told me my section was OR and I
                        was an 'in state entry' for the 7QP.

                        73
                        Tom W7WHY

                      • Rex Maner
                        Message 11 of 26 , May 2, 2010
                          Tom
                          I didn't get fancy and import IN7QPNE I think that was done by somone prior
                          to the test,
                          The problem as I see it when I work KC1V who was in TOLCT all that shows
                          in the log is CT, If I call the entry back to Entry window then the TOLCT
                          shows .

                          I expeted the Log to show TOLCT as entered. This also happened with IN
                          stations when I properly entered the exchange (xxx) not with INxxx or
                          xxxIN

                          I think (( trouble NOW )) that this will be taken care of when logs are
                          sent to IN and NE entry addresses ??

                          Quack

                          > If you select 7QP for the contest and then import the IN7QPNE module, it
                          > will put you in state and let you enter all the exchanges. 73
                          > Tom W7WHY
                          >

                          >> As I read the instructions, QTH in 7 land use 7QP anywhere else use
                          >> IN7QPNE, I am in 7 land and will submit log to all three 3 parties. I
                          >> suspect I will have to force log IN and NE Q's and there is also a
                          >> county
                          >> hunters event that will require forced logging. I will pass on no ((NO
                          >> One )).
                          >>
                          >> See all of you in about 55 min.
                          >>
                          >> Quack

                          Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
                          http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/4bdd9852922f62b1233st03duc
                        • Tom Osborne
                          Message 12 of 26 , May 2, 2010
                            Hi Rex

                            I actually worked great here and allowed me to log all sections from all the
                            different QP's, except the ones that started wlith 'WAS'. Other than that,
                            it worked great.

                            It was fun to be able to log the exchanges from all 3 different QSO parties.
                            Thanks to John and all the others for getting this to work so well. 73
                            Tom W7WHY

                            > Tom
                            > I didn't get fancy and import IN7QPNE I think that was done by somone
                            > prior
                            > to the test,
                            > The problem as I see it when I work KC1V who was in TOLCT all that
                            > shows
                            > in the log is CT, If I call the entry back to Entry window then the TOLCT
                            > shows .
                            >
                            > I expeted the Log to show TOLCT as entered. This also happened with IN
                            > stations when I properly entered the exchange (xxx) not with INxxx or
                            > xxxIN
                            >
                            > I think (( trouble NOW )) that this will be taken care of when logs are
                            > sent to IN and NE entry addresses ??
                            >
                            > Quack
                          • John, K3CT
                            Message 13 of 26 , May 2, 2010
                              Tom,

                              I still don't know why you changed with the section and state list. Clearly,
                              this is why you had problems. Now your database contains the wrong section
                              and state data.

                              You should have selected 7QP and used the program as installed. Hard to
                              believe you missed this in the release notes and many emails.

                              > When I selected 'IN7QPNE' as the QSO party, it told me my section was OR
                              > and
                              > I was entering as an 'out of state' entry and had to change my station
                              > data
                              > in config/station data, even though it was set up with me in Oregon.
                              >
                              > If I selected 7QP as the QSO party, then selected IN7QPNE for section
                              > list,
                              > and imported the qsosection-many.sec, it told me my section was OR and I
                              > was an 'in state entry' for the 7QP.
                              >
                              > 73
                              > Tom W7WHY
                              >

                              >> Tom,
                              >>
                              >> Can you explain why this is necessary?
                              >>

                              >>> Hi Rex
                              >>>

                              >>> If you select 7QP for the contest and then import the IN7QPNE module, it
                              >>> will put you in state and let you enter all the exchanges. 73
                              >>> Tom W7WHY

                            • Rex Maner
                              Message 14 of 26 , May 2, 2010
                                Tom

                                I could log them OK but when they were entered the county info disappeared
                                and just got the State to show in the Log sheet ??

                                > I actually worked great here and allowed me to log all sections from all
                                > the
                                > different QP's, except the ones that started wlith 'WAS'. Other than
                                > that,
                                > it worked great.
                                >
                                > It was fun to be able to log the exchanges from all 3 different QSO
                                > parties.
                                > Thanks to John and all the others for getting this to work so well. 73
                                > Tom W7WHY
                                >

                                >> Tom
                                >> I didn't get fancy and import IN7QPNE I think that was done by somone
                                >> prior
                                >> to the test,
                                >> The problem as I see it when I work KC1V who was in TOLCT all that
                                >> shows
                                >> in the log is CT, If I call the entry back to Entry window then the
                                >> TOLCT
                                >> shows .
                                >>
                                >> I expeted the Log to show TOLCT as entered. This also happened with IN
                                >> stations when I properly entered the exchange (xxx) not with INxxx or
                                >> xxxIN
                                >>
                                >> I think (( trouble NOW )) that this will be taken care of when logs
                                >> are
                                >> sent to IN and NE entry addresses ??
                                >>
                                >> Quack

                                A Reverse Mortgage?
                                Near 70? Find out how much money you can get from a reverse mortgage.
                                http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/4bdde61f174922af749st05duc
                              • Rex Maner
                                Message 15 of 26 , May 2, 2010
                                  > There are several duplicate three character NEWE abbreviations that had to
                                  > be removed because they are identical to IN county abbreviations. These
                                  > NEWE
                                  > participants should certainly be using the five character abbreviation.

                                  I worked W1WBB on 4 differant occasions and he gave "" NERI "" now I
                                  know what assume means but is this supposed to be Newport, RI ???

                                  QRZ.COM shows him as Portmouth, RI which is in Newport County ??

                                  Quack

                                  >> .... I suspect I will have to force log IN and NE Q's....
                                  >
                                  > No. If you select 7QP, IN, NEWE, IN7QPNE you will be able to log any of
                                  > the
                                  > counties in these three QP's.
                                  >
                                  > There are several duplicate three character NEWE abbreviations that had to
                                  > be removed because they are identical to IN county abbreviations. These
                                  > NEWE
                                  > participants should certainly be using the five character abbreviation.
                                  >
                                  > Remember to log the county from every QSO party participant so you are
                                  > able
                                  > to receive credit when you submit the Cabrillo to the other sponsors. If
                                  > you
                                  > log just the state from the other QP's these QSO's will be invalid when
                                  > scored by the other QSO party sponsors.
                                  >
                                  > I also expect that everyone has taken advantage of the QSO party fixes in
                                  > version 10.4.9. These would have been fixed earlier if users had tested
                                  > the
                                  > code earlier.
                                  >
                                  > John, K3CT

                                  Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
                                  http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/4bddfa9c47cc82e6a6cst01duc
                                • Joseph Giasi
                                  Message 16 of 26 , May 2, 2010
                                    Rex, NEWE uses 3 or 5 character abbreviations with 5 being preferred.
                                    That should have been "newri", which is the exchange I received from
                                    W1WBB. Are you sure the static didn't swallow part of his
                                    transmission?

                                    Joe - W2QQ

                                    Sent from my mobile device
                                  • Rex Maner
                                    Message 17 of 26 , May 2, 2010
                                      Joe
                                      I worked him 4 yes 4 times and questioned the NERI every time ???

                                      Oh well I had guessed and haven't as yet massaged the Log ha ha

                                      Quack

                                      Tnx the Quacks frm CT

                                      > Rex, NEWE uses 3 or 5 character abbreviations with 5 being preferred.
                                      > That should have been "newri", which is the exchange I received from
                                      > W1WBB. Are you sure the static didn't swallow part of his
                                      > transmission?
                                      >
                                      > Joe - W2QQ
                                      >
                                      > On 5/2/10, Rex Maner <k7qq@...> wrote:
                                      >>> There are several duplicate three character NEWE abbreviations that had
                                      >>> be removed because they are identical to IN county abbreviations. These
                                      >>> NEWE
                                      >>> participants should certainly be using the five character abbreviation.
                                      >>

                                      >> I worked W1WBB on 4 differant occasions and he gave "" NERI "" now I
                                      >> know what assume means but is this supposed to be Newport, RI ???
                                      >>
                                      >> QRZ.COM shows him as Portmouth, RI which is in Newport County ??
                                      >>
                                      >> Quack

                                      Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
                                      http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/4bde106fd35cb2e982dst01duc
                                    • Joseph Giasi
                                      Message 18 of 26 , May 2, 2010
                                        Maybe he doesn't like 7s?

                                        CT Quack

                                        On 5/2/10, Rex Maner <k7qq@...> wrote:
                                        > Joe
                                        > I worked him 4 yes 4 times and questioned the NERI every time ???
                                        >
                                        > Oh well I had guessed and haven't as yet massaged the Log ha ha
                                        >
                                        > Quack
                                        >
                                        > Tnx the Quacks frm CT

                                        Sent from my mobile device