Re: [N1MM] Default N1MM directory location

  • Larry Gauthier (K8UT)
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2010
      George,

      Unfortunately, with the release of Window Vista and Window 7, the notion of which is the "proper location" has changed. Rather than installing everything in the Program Files directory, there are now good reasons to install software in independent directories on the C drive. In my new Windows 7 computer, I created a directory called C:\Ham Radio and all of my ham stuff - N1MM, DX4WIN, MMTTY... goes into subdirectories under that. This avoids of problems with UAC and admin access to files. It also simplifies my backup and restore routines.

      At one time, N1MM's upgrades all defaulted to the \Program Folders\N1MM logger. Now, to accommodate more flexibility in choosing directories, the program remembers where you installed N1MM and prompts you for that location thereafter. I like this feature.

      -larry
      K8UT

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2010
        Hi Larry,

        I am using Vista and installed N1MM in the program directory...
        and yes, it is a pain.

        Do you think I can I change it to my 'HAM' directory easily,
        or is it a major uninstall / install  ?

        It's running so good, I hate to upset the applecart.

        Thanks,

        Jim / W1FMR