Com above 8

  • Seli O
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2010
      Hello all,
      I'm sure this question has been asked before, but ....
      One of the local ham friends has a RigExpert standard and for CAT it uses COM16.
      How can I modify the computer or the setup in the program so these will work together?

      73 Seli TF3AO
    • Joe Subich, W4TV
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2010
        I suggest you ask the Navigator support people how to change
        the serial port in their product. The information should be
        in their manual dealing with installation/configuration (the
        utility software).

        73,

        ... Joe, W4TV

      • Ron Rossi
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 6, 2010
          Seli,

          N1MM is only capable of using the com ports 1-8. Often there are ports
          assigned which no longer have devices connected to them. These are
          called "phantom ports". These can be discovered and removed. It is then
          possible to move ports around to accommodate the program.

          Here is a process to find those ports and allow you to move the ports
          you need into the com1-com8 range.

          Here is how to have Device Manager show any "phantom" ports...

          > 1. Click Start
          > 2. Click Run
          > 3. Type cmd.exe in the textbox and click OK
          > 4. Type set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 and hit ENTER
          > 5. Type cd\windows\system32 and hit ENTER
          > 6. Type start devmgmt.msc and hit ENTER
          > 7. When the device manager opens, click the View menu
          > 8. Click Show Hidden Devices
          > 9. Click on the + sign next to the Ports to see the full list of Com
          ports being used.
          > 10. Highlight the port you wish to delete and then press delete.
          > Accept when asked to do so and continue with any more that you wish
          to delete.

          73 es God Bless de KK1L...Ron Rossi (kk1l@...) <><
          QTH: Jericho, Vermont
          My page: http://home.comcast.net/~kk1l