Re: [N1MM] MMTTY Help

  • Tom Wagner
    Message 1 of 13 , May 23, 2001
      Richtx32.ocx is the rich-text control in the rtty support.
      It probably needs to be registered on your system.

      I have not yet rebuilt the original install file. It is there
      that I would put richtx32.ocx and it would get registered
      by the install program. I have not considered this a priority
      because only one person has had the problem, and the
      rtty support is still quite rough.

      What is your operating system (win95, win98, etc.)?

      73,
      Tom
      Message 2 of 13 , May 23, 2001
        Tom,
        My operating system is Win 98. Thanks for the quick response.

        Doyle/N4VV

        > Have been trying to get MMTTY to work with version 1.1.115, worked OK
        > with 1.1.109.
        > Have MMTTY selected under: Configurer/Digital Modes/Digital Interface
        > 1/TU Type: MMTTY.
        > Under Window, selected Digital Int 1 & receive the following error?
        > "Run time Error 339: Component "Richtx32ocx" or one of it's
        > dependencies not correctly registered, a file is missing or invalid.
        > All help would be appreciated before I install the program again.
        >
        > Thanks Doyle/N4VV

      • Doyle/N4VV
        Message 3 of 13 , May 23, 2001
          Tom,
          As I mentioned in a previous message am using W98 on my ham computer. I
          did a search & do not have the file "Richtx32.ocx" on the computer.
          However, I have another W98 computer & found "Richtx32.ocx" in
          C:/Windows/System. Copied the file & installed it in Windows/System on my
          ham computer, but when I try to bring up MTTY receive the same error
          message.

          Doyle/N4VV

          > Have been trying to get MMTTY to work with version 1.1.115, worked OK
          > with 1.1.109.
          > Have MMTTY selected under: Configurer/Digital Modes/Digital Interface
          > 1/TU Type: MMTTY.
          > Under Window, selected Digital Int 1 & receive the following error?
          > "Run time Error 339: Component "Richtx32ocx" or one of it's
          > dependencies not correctly registered, a file is missing or invalid.
          > All help would be appreciated before I install the program again.
          >
          > Thanks Doyle/N4VV

        • Tom Wagner
          Message 4 of 13 , May 23, 2001
            Since you have gone to that trouble, try the following.
            From the Dos command prompt, from the
            windows/system subdirectory:

            regsvr32 richtx32.ocx

            That should do it.

            73,
            Tom
            > As I mentioned in a previous message am using W98 on my ham computer.
            > did a search & do not have the file "Richtx32.ocx" on the computer.
            > However, I have another W98 computer & found "Richtx32.ocx" in
            > C:/Windows/System. Copied the file & installed it in Windows/System on my
            > ham computer, but when I try to bring up MTTY receive the same error
            > message.
            >
            > Doyle/N4VV
            >

            > Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 17:46
            > Subject: Re: [N1MM] MMTTY Help
            >

            > Richtx32.ocx is the rich-text control in the rtty support.
            > It probably needs to be registered on your system.
            >
            > I have not yet rebuilt the original install file. It is there
            > that I would put richtx32.ocx and it would get registered
            > by the install program. I have not considered this a priority
            > because only one person has had the problem, and the
            > rtty support is still quite rough.
            >
            > What is your operating system (win95, win98, etc.)?
            >
            > 73,
            > Tom

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Doyle/N4VV
            Message 5 of 13 , May 23, 2001
              Tom,
              Tried your suggestion, but still receive the same richtx32.ocx error.
              No biggie, will wait for a future version.

              73's Doyle/N4VV

              Message 6 of 13 , May 23, 2001
                Did regsvr32 reported that it registered richtx32.ocx
                successfully?

                Tom
                > Tried your suggestion, but still receive the same richtx32.ocx error.
                > No biggie, will wait for a future version.
                >
                > 73's Doyle/N4VV

              • Terry Gerdes (AB5K)
                Message 7 of 13 , May 23, 2001
                  Doyle,

                  If your email can accept a 1.5 meg file, I'll send you a install with the
                  RichText control in place. This is not a Logger install but a simple
                  install that will load your machine with the needed RichText control.

                  Terry

                  > Tried your suggestion, but still receive the same richtx32.ocx error.
                  > No biggie, will wait for a future version.
                  >
                  > 73's Doyle/N4VV

                • Terry Gerdes (AB5K)
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 23, 2001
                    Doyle,

                    You might also bring the riched32.dll file from your other machine and do
                    the regsvr32 on it as well.

                    > Tried your suggestion, but still receive the same richtx32.ocx error.
                    > No biggie, will wait for a future version.
                    >
                    > 73's Doyle/N4VV

                  • Doyle/N4VV
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 23, 2001
                      Tom,
                      Yes it did say it registered successfully.

                      Doyle/N4VV
                      Did regsvr32 reported that it registered richtx32.ocx
                      successfully?

                      Tom
                      > Tried your suggestion, but still receive the same richtx32.ocx error.
                      > No biggie, will wait for a future version.
                      >
                      > 73's Doyle/N4VV

                    • Doyle/N4VV
                      Message 10 of 13 , May 23, 2001
                        Hi Terry,
                        Will reinstall the program tomorrow & if it doesn't work will have you
                        send the file.

                        Thanks Doyle/N4VV

                        > Tried your suggestion, but still receive the same richtx32.ocx error.
                        > No biggie, will wait for a future version.
                        >
                        > 73's Doyle/N4VV

                      • Doyle/N4VV
                        Message 11 of 13 , May 24, 2001
                          Terry,
                          Downloaded the N1MM logger files today & MMTTY worked OK with V 1.1.109,
                          but when I upgraded to 1.1.115, still receive the same richtx32.ocx error.
                          Not sure what the limit is on my ISP, but think I can receive the 1.5 Mb
                          file.

                          Doyle/N4VV

                          > Tried your suggestion, but still receive the same richtx32.ocx error.
                          > No biggie, will wait for a future version.
                          >
                          > 73's Doyle/N4VV

                        • Tom Wagner
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jun 1, 2001
                            Yuri --

                            The TTY support is pretty new right now. You might
                            want to wait.

                            Tom - N1MM
                            > I have same problem. Please help me to instal the program for RTTY.
                            > Any help would be appreciated.
                            > 73 de Yuri-UA9YE.

                          • John
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jun 1, 2001
                              > I have same problem. Please help me to instal the program for RTTY.
                              > Any help would be appreciated.
                              > 73 de Yuri-UA9YE.

                              Yuri.. currently, the RTTY part of the N1MM program only works with a modem
                              such as KAM or PK232... the MMTTY portion is broken and does not work...

                              Also, there are NO contests currently supported for this mode. For now, if
                              you want to contest with RTTY, I suggest you get WF1B contest program which
                              is now also free.

                              John - vk4cej / vk4wpx