Skimmer

  • Tom W8JI
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010
      Unrelated to N1MM, except we used skimmer last weekend. Is
      there a place I can go to look at the history of my callsign
      in Europe on skimmers?
    • Nick, NA3M
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010
        http://www.reversebeacon.net/dxsd1.php

        _____

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010
          It's not quite that flexible - you can go to www.reversebeacon.net and
          use the signal comparison tool. You need to look at each skimmer
          individually by call and by date, but you can get comparative signals
          with anyone you want.

          We are working on a more flexible search engine for the database, but it
          is not ready yet.

          73, Pete N4ZR
          Visit the Contesting Compendium at http://wiki.contesting.com
          The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

          On 2/3/2010 8:05 PM, Tom W8JI wrote:
          > Unrelated to N1MM, except we used skimmer last weekend. Is
          > there a place I can go to look at the history of my callsign
          > in Europe on skimmers?

        • Joe
          Message 4 of 12 , May 24 11:06 AM
            Still making get ready for Field Day here. And getting the club to use N1MM for the first time. ( I use it at home all the time )

            Also for the first time during FD will be trying RTTY and PSK, and N1MM with those two modes is just as awesome as when using CW. Even more so since it decodes what is being sent. Then the simple click and fields are filled is cool. ir manually type it in for those that want to stay on the keyboard etc...

            Now I'm the only CW guy in this club, so if there are any CW Q's to be made, it will typically be made by me.

            BUT...

            I was wondering if Skimmer can be used with N1MM like dlfldigi (sp?) is used for psk or MTTY for RTTY is used. can a audio passband skimmer be used the same way?
            Maybe I can get some of these guys to try CW that way...

            Joe WB9SBD
            --
            Sig
            The Original Rolling Ball Clock
            Message 5 of 12 , May 25 1:29 PM
              Joe,

              if ur asking does N1MM decode cw via skimmer like it does with RTTY and PSK

              The answer is NO.

              N1MM is not a code reader
              although some have used CWGet alongside n1mm

              skimmer is a great tool
              I use it almost all the time

              cheers!
              steve
              KG5VK
            • Joe
              Message 6 of 12 , May 25 2:34 PM
                No,

                I was meaning,,

                OK, you have N1MM running, And Skimmer running in the 3Khz audio mode. With both talking to the computer.

                And skimmer indicates all the signals it is hearing in that audio passband,

                And it indicates the k1abc is CQing,

                Can you click on k1abc and will it automatically set the transmit freq to that freq, and fill the call field with k1abc?

                Message 7 of 12 , May 25 5:54 PM
                  if you have skimmer setup to teenet to the band map then yes you could click on it
                  and it will fill just like any other spot would

                  I use WinTelNet to make dxcluster spots and Skimmer fill my band map

                  cheers!
                  steve
                  KG5VK
                • Joe

                    Message 9 of 12 , May 26 5:28 AM
                      Joe,

                      I missed the part about no internet

                      Then this is much simpler just use the telenet command in skimmer to
                      broadcast the "spots" from skimmer
                      and tell N1MM to listen to that port

                      Cheers!
                      steve
                      KG5VK

                      On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 8:04 PM, Joe nss@... [N1MMLogger] <
                      N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                      > Sounds interesting, any place where there may be a tutorial for this?
                      > Remember no internet just all stand alone field day operation.
                      >
                      > Joe WB9SBD
                      >
                      > The Original Rolling Ball Clock
                      > Idle Tyme
                      > Idle-Tyme.com
                      > http://www.idle-tyme.com
                      > On 5/25/2014 7:54 PM, kg5vk@... [N1MMLogger] wrote:
                      >
                      > if you have skimmer setup to teenet to the band map then yes you could
                      > click on it
                      > and it will fill just like any other spot would
                      >
                      > I use WinTelNet to make dxcluster spots and Skimmer fill my band map
                      >
                      > cheers!
                      > steve
                      > KG5VK

                    • kg5vksteve
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 26 6:13 AM
                      • kg5vksteve
                        Message 11 of 12 , May 26 6:14 AM
                          skimmer

                          The PDF file on How to use skimmer is available on line

                          here is a link to it................

                          http://www.dxatlas.com/CwSkimmer/Files/Skimmerintro.pdf

                          simply go to the View Tab then the Settings Tab
                          then the Telenet Tab
                          check the box to tell skimmer to broadcast to the port
                          I am using 7308  whatever port you choose tell N1MM

                          to watch for spot from 127.0.0.1:7308     (7308 shud reflect the port address you told it in the above step)

                          Pete Smith's tutorial at the link I provided shows all of this

                          cheers!
                          steve
                          KG5VK

                        • kg5vksteve